Old 06-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Brian David

Default Alessio's repository

Alessio, I see that you've updated some of your kernels, but the Update Manager will not let me upgrade.* It gives me an error that says "Not all updates can be installed" and then says:

* This can be caused by:

* *A previous upgrade which didn't complete
* *Problems with some of the installed software
* *Unofficial software packages not provided by Ubuntu
* *Normal changes of a pre-release version of Ubuntu

I'm guessing it has something to do with that third one, but if so, how do I go about getting your new kernels?* I seem to have the appropriate authentication for your PPA.

--
-Brian David

Old 06-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Alessio Igor Bogani

Hi Brian,

2010/6/24 Brian David <beejunk@gmail.com>:
> Alessio, I see that you've updated some of your kernels, but the Update
> Manager will not let me upgrade.* It gives me an error that says "Not all
> updates can be installed" and then says:
>
> * This can be caused by:
> * *A previous upgrade which didn't complete
> * *Problems with some of the installed software
> * *Unofficial software packages not provided by Ubuntu
> * *Normal changes of a pre-release version of Ubuntu
>
> I'm guessing it has something to do with that third one, but if so, how do I
> go about getting your new kernels?* I seem to have the appropriate
> authentication for your PPA.

Yes it is my fault. I'm working on it and I hope to release a fixed
version as soon as possible.

Sorry for inconvenience!

Ciao,
Alessio

Old 06-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Jussi Schultink

Alessio,

Perhaps it might be wise to have a second PPA - (you can do it on LP
easily) - one for the bleeding edge stuff, that you make your changes
in and one for the somewhat stable but newer than in ubuntu stuff, so
people can use your packages a bit more.

Jussi

Old 06-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Kenneth Koym

Alessio & David:
*** I got the same "Not all updates can be installed" message & list of probable causes. Plus, when going to bojo42' PPA for rt kernels I tried to register my fingerprint and find myself running in xgraphic mode with a demand for reconfig and that I cannot do. Am giving up and going to my Acer Laptop to get a job out and get back here later. Hope there's a means to get past go.* Kenneth*

Old 06-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Alessio Igor Bogani

Hi Brian,

> 2010/6/24 Brian David <beejunk@gmail.com>:
>> Alessio, I see that you've updated some of your kernels, but the Update
>> Manager will not let me upgrade.* It gives me an error that says "Not all
>> updates can be installed" and then says:

Could you retry, please?

Thanks

Ciao,
Alessio