Old 06-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Takashi Sakamoto

Default Input method for Japanese Charactors in Ubuntu Studio

Hi Arwin,

I use Ubuntu Studio under Japanese language and it's fine for displaying
Japanese language and inputting Japanese charactors.

It's enough to just installing language-support-ja metapackage.
The package installs some packages related to Input Method and GNOME
translation.

Then select anthy (ibus-anthy) as its default IM in ibus setting. You
can input Japanese charactors.

Recently mozc engine based on Google technology was released and some
Japanese users test ibus-mozc. I hear it's better than ibus-anthy but
has a little bugs.

ATOK released by Juse Systems in Japan is not FLOSS but ATOK has good
linux binary. Some users love to use it.

If you need my help with Japanese charactors, please contact to me.

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto
o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp