Old 05-31-2010, 01:44 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Default news about last Paris Ubuntu party

Hi all,

Last week-end, a large french official Ubuntu party has been done in
Paris for Lucid release.
The lprod.org team was in Paris and has done an official conference
about Ubuntu Studio.

I explain, in live session under UBS 64 bits Lucid under my laptop what is

- latency
- Real-time
- the RT kernel inside UBS
- how it works with jack and audio softwares.

A complete demo was done with jack, jackrack, jackeq, meterbridge,
audacious, hydrogen...
Everything goes fine, no xruns, latency at 5,8 ms on the very bad sound
card, 11% of CPU use and an excellent sound in hears of the public.

We complete the demo in our stand, with and asus eeepc, UBS 64, jack,
ardour, raccarak, and a musician playing guitar connected with an
m-audio external sound card.

The public has been completly surprised !!! UBS is powerfull...

An interview live under oxyradio has been done to about Ubuntu Studio
covering the whole France, and internet in live brodcast.

conference and interview should be available under ogg/ogv in few days,
but my voice is only available in french.

One thing was wrong, UBS has a very ugly boot before launching GDM. Many
users ask about it, beleaving it was a large bug...

We think too, that the "look" of programs are very important when the
distro is called Ubuntu. Lucid has a very beautifull "look", and users
want to find something like it under UBS.

Laurent
lprod.org

Old 05-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Pablo Fernandez

conference and interview should be available under ogg/ogv in few days,

Cool!