Old 05-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Brian David

Default Ubuntu Studio Control

I have a quick question.* What is it that Ubuntu Studio Controls is doing when you select the 'raw1394' option?* Previously it would edit the 50-udev-default.rules file, but it doesn't seem to be doing that now.* Or, at least, not in the way that it did before.* Still, it seems to be dong something that is necessary to get firewire support, and I'm curious what.

Also, a lot of you may or not be aware of this, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.* Ubuntu Studio Controls is now editing the wrong .conf file.* It currently edits limits.conf, when it should be editing the audio.conf file jackd creates when it is installed.

--
-Brian David

Old 05-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Ricardo Lameiro

yes its true, studio controls is not updated to the new confgurations.
about firewire i am not sure what it is doing, but you can look at it, its a python program

I have a quick question.* What is it that Ubuntu Studio Controls is doing when you select the 'raw1394' option?* Previously it would edit the 50-udev-default.rules file, but it doesn't seem to be doing that now.* Or, at least, not in the way that it did before.* Still, it seems to be dong something that is necessary to get firewire support, and I'm curious what.

Also, a lot of you may or not be aware of this, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.* Ubuntu Studio Controls is now editing the wrong .conf file.* It currently edits limits.conf, when it should be editing the audio.conf file jackd creates when it is installed.

--
-Brian David

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon