Old 05-01-2010, 06:16 PM
bart deruyter

Default ubuntu studio and me menu

Hi all,

first time I ask a question myself here, though I've been following, and learning a lot from this mailinglist for a couple of years now. :-)

I just installed the 10.04 Ubuntustudio, congratulations, so far I haven't had any problems yet. Even my scanner, that used to need firmware, manually configured in a config file, now works out of the box, for the first time ever!!

I have a little problem though, it's not essential to get it working, but it would be fun.
There are some new features promoted on the ubuntu site, one of them is the 'me menu' for social networking. I don't seem to find it anywhere. Can someone help me in getting it working, because I do find it an improvement.

grtz,

Barthttp://www.bartart3d.be/

Old 05-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Ricardo Lameiro

I think that all you need for that, is to add the indicator applet and the session applet to the panel. try it and let us know

first time I ask a question myself here, though I've been following, and learning a lot from this mailinglist for a couple of years now. :-)

I just installed the 10.04 Ubuntustudio, congratulations, so far I haven't had any problems yet. Even my scanner, that used to need firmware, manually configured in a config file, now works out of the box, for the first time ever!!

I have a little problem though, it's not essential to get it working, but it would be fun.
There are some new features promoted on the ubuntu site, one of them is the 'me menu' for social networking. I don't seem to find it anywhere. Can someone help me in getting it working, because I do find it an improvement.

grtz,

Barthttp://www.bartart3d.be/

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon