Old 04-30-2010, 04:43 PM
TSH

Default Do I need to re-install to go from 10.04 beta to 10.04 stable

I've only ever used current stable versions of /x/buntu before, but a
couple of weeks ago I installed Studio 10.04 beta onto a spare HDD to
see what it was like, and now want to stick with it.

Will doing an update result in the latest stable version just released,
or do I need to reinstall?

--
Stewart H

Posting via Gmane

Old 04-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Ricardo Lameiro

AFAIK you just need to upgrade the packages, go to system and open the upgrade manager or something like that and upgrade all the packages, thr repos are the same, so you will have a stable version.

I've only ever used current stable versions of /x/buntu before, but a

couple of weeks ago I installed Studio 10.04 beta onto a spare HDD to

see what it was like, and now want to stick with it.

Will doing an update result in the latest stable version just released,

or do I need to reinstall?

--

Stewart H

Posting via Gmane

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro

Old 04-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Fernando Gomes

An upgrade normally works well. With the 9.10 version upgrade (from
beta to final) I had some issues, after the final version being
released it detected it as a distribution upgrade, don't know why.

Fernando

Old 04-30-2010, 10:40 PM
TSH

Fernando Gomes wrote:

> An upgrade normally works well.

Thanks for these answers, that's all I needed to know. I guess I'm now
using the latest.

--
Stewart H

Posting via Gmane

Old 05-01-2010, 11:37 AM

Just reformat the external and reinstall it on your internal drive

I've only ever used current stable versions of /x/buntu before, but
acouple of weeks ago I installed Studio 10.04 beta onto a spare HDD
tosee what it was like, and now want to stick with it.Will doing an
update result in the latest stable version just released,or do I need
to reinstall?-- Stewart HPosting via Gmane-- Ubuntu-Studio-users
mailing listUbuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.comModify settings or
unsubscribe at:

Old 05-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Kenneth Koym

Stewart H
** Yes you can update your xbuntu rather than reinstall. Before doing this, you may view an experience factor posted by various users at ubuntuforums.org. I noted some who update, report difficulties that arise and some that say, "Twas nothing but smooth sailing..." Take the precautions and good luck. Of course it's feasible to do as I did overnight. But downloading even via torrent took me 8.4 hours. Again, good luck.

Ken