Old 04-24-2010, 03:17 PM
oxidesweet

Default Test Ubuntu-Studio RC !

Just a little report of what are painful for me in this release :

**- Ubuntu Studio RC 10.04 Amd64 -**

-The access to internet, is really neglige, no network-manager or other soft like that, no dhcpcd, and some driver are not present in this release (sagem-dongle).

-For many soft, i can't download the latest version !

-flash don't work good on firefox

-the software center is forget

-the look always need a fresh update.

But a great job is do for integrate audio application, "jack" and all sound softs work great for me, that is important.

But that is really the Release Candidate of Ubuntu Studio 64 v10.04 ? or a Beta with RC label ?

Ps : I have not test the 32 bit version, i will do it.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:51 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Hi all,

I've transform my beta 2 amd64 UBS 10.04 to RC.

I've noticed a new bug that appear both with RT kernel and last generic
kernel on display.

After logging to GDM, the desktop appear normally, but i've got only one
workspace. If I launch any program, it appear without GDM buttons
close/maximise, etc... So, only one program could be use, and the only
way to quit is file/quit menu when it is available.

I have to go to system/apparence setting and check at all the boot
normal effect to get back windows normally.

The first lucid generic and RT kernel haven't got this problem under
beta 1 and 2, so I think there is a trouble with the ATI xorg server
package updated, another thing, compiz and cube desktop were working
very well in beta 1/2 under generic kernel, and now not at all, nothing
happens even extra settings are selected. The first RT kernel wasn't
support the ATI 3D propriotary driver, so the cube desktop wasn't available.

So at this time, UBS 10.04 is not very compliant for production for
whose as me have an ati radeon HD graphic card, it a large regression.
Hope it helps before lucid official release.

Laurent,
lprod.org

Old 04-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Ricardo Lameiro

I hope you filed these bugs on Launchpad, because most of the bugs arent related to ubuntustudio....

I've transform my beta 2 amd64 UBS 10.04 to RC.

I've noticed a new bug that appear both with RT kernel and last generic

kernel on display.

After logging to GDM, the desktop appear normally, but i've got only one

workspace. If I launch any program, it appear without GDM buttons

close/maximise, etc... So, only one program could be use, and the only

way to quit is file/quit menu when it is available.

I have to go to system/apparence setting and check at all the boot

normal effect to get back windows normally.

The first lucid generic and RT kernel haven't got this problem under

beta 1 and 2, so I think there is a trouble with the ATI xorg server

package updated, another thing, compiz and cube desktop were working

very well in beta 1/2 under generic kernel, and now not at all, nothing

happens even extra settings are selected. The first RT kernel wasn't

support the ATI 3D propriotary driver, so the cube desktop wasn't available.

So at this time, UBS 10.04 is not very compliant for production for

whose as me have an ati radeon HD graphic card, it a large regression.

Hope it helps before lucid official release.

Laurent,

lprod.org

Le 24/04/2010 17:17, oxidesweet a écrit :

> ************************************************** **********************

> Just a little report of what are painful for me in this release :

> **- Ubuntu Studio RC 10.04 Amd64 -**

> -The access to internet, is really neglige, no network-manager or other soft like that, no dhcpcd, and some driver are not present in this release (sagem-dongle).

> -For many soft, i can't download the latest version !

> -flash don't work good on firefox

> -the software center is forget

> -the look always need a fresh update.

> But a great job is do for integrate audio application, "jack" and all sound softs work great for me, that is important.

> But that is really the Release Candidate of Ubuntu Studio 64 v10.04 ? or a Beta with RC label ?

> Ps : I have not test the 32 bit version, i will do it.

> ************************************************** **********************

> Une messagerie gratuite, garantie à vie et des services en plus, ça vous tente ?

> Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro

Old 04-29-2010, 05:55 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Hi,

The bug concerning ati and gnome windows seems to have been corrected.
Now it's working fine.

I'm performing more tests.

Laurent