Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Robin Darlington

Default Album recorded in Ubuntu Studio

Hi everyone !
Just wanted to share something with you all.
I have been using Ubuntu Studio since early 2008.

With my band (Something Else : http://www.somethingelsegroup.com )* we have just released a home-studio album* made with Ubuntu Studio.

If you want you can take a listen to 3 of the songs here : http://www.somethingelsegroup.com/en/music/come-with-us/

We recorded all the tracks and did all of the editing with Ardour. What a fantastic tool !

Sadly the music was not mixed with Ardour though because, in our opinion, the plugins supported on Ardour/linux do not equal those availble for Logic/Mac osX.
I had some tries getting VSTs to work with a compiled Ardour and wine but to be honest I did not find it very reliable and satisfying.

I look forward to a day when Ardour will work with all or most of same plugins Logic and Protools do...

Take care and have a great Week End !

Robin