Old 04-23-2010, 07:10 AM
aYo Binitie

Default Boot splash screen

Hi,I upgraded to Lucid 64 last night - It was nice and pretty painless, I have almost every thing working but for a couple of things
1. The Mouse does not display its selected icon when its over the desktop. It renders ok over opened applications and browsers but over the desktop its a plain white pointer.

2. the Boot splash screen has not changed and its rendered really horribly. The resolution is completely out of whack and no amount of rejigging in the start up manager seems to be able to rectify this.

Any ideas??
aYo

Old 04-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Ricardo Lameiro

the splash screen is different now, since ubuntu changed to use plymouth, maybe it is not very prety, but hey, at least we have a splash screen.
If someone want to help design a different one for the next release, it will be great about the pointe, didnt get it, are you talking about the pointer color or the shape?

rlameiro

Hi,I upgraded to Lucid 64 last night - It was nice and pretty painless, I have almost every thing working but for a couple of things
1. The Mouse does not display its selected icon when its over the desktop. It renders ok over opened applications and browsers but over the desktop its a plain white pointer.

2. the Boot splash screen has not changed and its rendered really horribly. The resolution is completely out of whack and no amount of rejigging in the start up manager seems to be able to rectify this.

Any ideas??
aYo

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro

Old 04-23-2010, 11:15 AM
aYo Binitie

I'll take you on that -
re the pointer: I have a wheel mouse theme, and the wheel graphics do not show on the desktop, just the default pointer however if the mouse is over firefox the proper wheel graphics appear

Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Ricardo Lameiro

well, could it be because of the compiz effects? maybe they are messing with it?

Old 04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
aYo Binitie

I hope not - what is life without Compiz. I never had a problem before - yes I know this is a new release - but they all need to work together in harmony.
By the by I think Ubuntu now needs to be called Blindingly FAST. Its so fast i feed the rush of wind as it boots up

Old 04-23-2010, 03:09 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Le 23/04/2010 09:10, aYo Binitie a écrit :
> Hi,
> I upgraded to Lucid 64 last night - It was nice and pretty painless, I
> have almost every thing working but for a couple of things
>
> 1. The Mouse does not display its selected icon when its over the
> desktop. It renders ok over opened applications and browsers but over
> the desktop its a plain white pointer.
>
> 2. the Boot splash screen has not changed and its rendered really
> horribly. The resolution is completely out of whack and no amount of
> rejigging in the start up manager seems to be able to rectify this.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> aYo
Hi all,

I've got too same troubles.

Even under generic kernel, my boot is

- 7 s of blank screen with cursor in upper left moving
- 4 s of ubuntu studio splash screen, enough time to full of with the
only UBU

and the gdm connexion appear after 1 or 2 s.

the definition of ubuntu splash screen UBS is really pixelised, and too
short, and nothing happens on screen during the first part of the boot.

It's not pretty

Laurent

Old 04-23-2010, 08:59 PM
aYo Binitie

You were absolutely correct it was compiz that was affecting the mouse. How do I work this little bijou? i must have Compiz
aYo

Old 04-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Ricardo Lameiro

Well, that does'nt mean that compiz will stay always the same. Either file a bug to compiz or to the pointer maker. Chances are the pointer that you use is very old. You can also search the compiz mailing list to see if someone conplains about the same.