Old 01-13-2008, 08:57 AM
"Paul DeShaw"

Default Ozone Academic kernel support in Hardy?

Hello,

I brought my keyboard/interface to my local LUG meeting today, and two people worked on it.* It turns out kernel support was only added for the Academic version of M-Audio's Ozone keyboard in October.* My LUG friends are helping me patch the kernel; but will this patch be in the kernel that ships with Hardy?* Here's something about it:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=2ea547dcdd4216370f00dd65a18ee5a 0271646a0

One guy, Joel, had the Ozone working with his laptop running Slackware.* He doesn't even use JACK; we were playing the keyboard and getting sounds out of TiMidity using aconnect.* I was fascinated, because I had no idea you could even do that.* I'd like to learn how just to say I can but for normal use I'd rather have JACK with a GUI frontend any day.

Cheers,

Paul