Old 04-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Hartmut Noack

Default M-Audio Audiophile 2496 on modern Ubuntu

Old 04-07-2010, 05:18 AM
sandie

Hartmut Noack wrote:

> Am 05.04.2010 19:18, schrieb Joshua Boyd:
>
>> Does anyone have a M-Audio 2496 card working in a recent Ubuntu
>> distribution?

I never had my M-Audio 24/96 working "out of the box" since Hardy, but
removing Pulse did the trick for me.

Still... it's not a big deal for me who doesnt mind fidling with a
terminal to get things working, but I suspect that some might see this
as a demotivational factor.
I have tried to make the process as painless as possible with a small
python-script, but I think that a "remove pulse"-button would be a nice
addon to ubuntustudio.

btw. I have tried the latest beta and the card still doesnt work "out of
the box".

Old 04-07-2010, 05:31 AM
Daryl Haataja

Hi,
Just a side comment. Unrelated, I have a M-Audio MobilePre USB
preamp. I gave up trying to get it to work, but the next day I had
gotten a link to a video to view.

Having forgotten that the preamp was still plugged into the USB, I
attempted to view it. My sound was completely locked out. I gave up
trying to get it back. My ubuntu Studio had recognized the USB but I
was unable to get it working.

Then after the online video thing I began to suspect it has something
to do with DRM and Adobe/Macromedia FlashPlayer. I had a similar
experience in windows. At least in windows I was able to edit the
registry and remove the keys that were disabling sound. In windows it
was only disabled with online videos.

But in Ubuntu it was just disabled. I did a reinstall. I haven't
plugged it in since.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:38 PM
teza

Hi all, hi Sandie nice to hear from you, for my point of view removing
Pulse Audio from Ubuntu will be the first thing to do. This thing works
when it wants, but I'm a dev. so I will follow the stream. I think
Ubuntu Studio should be in touch with you to include your very soft
"Ubuntu Audio Tweaks" who does the job very well. By the way I relly
would like to know what is the purpose of Pulse Audio, because Alsa is
working so well.
Regards
Teza

.................................................. .................................;

Old 04-07-2010, 01:45 PM
teza

Hi, sorry I am not a devlopper
Sorry for that mistake