Old 01-11-2008, 07:34 PM
"Leo germani"

Default Ardour2 for Feisty

Hi all,

Firts I have to say Im sad that the feisty repositories are gone... seemed to me like an extreme decision... but.. Im not close to the developers.. should have a good reason I suppose...

Said that.. Does any one still have the ardour2 package?? This would be so helpfull for me...

tks

Leo,,
--
leogermani.pirex.com.br
leogermani.estudiolivre.org.br

Old 01-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Andrew Hunter

Hello Leo,

Leo germani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Firts I have to say Im sad that the feisty repositories are gone...
> seemed to me like an extreme decision... but.. Im not close to the
> developers.. should have a good reason I suppose...
>
> Said that.. Does any one still have the ardour2 package?? This would be
> so helpfull for me...

Just curious, is there a reason why you would not upgrade to Gutsy?

Old 01-12-2008, 02:45 PM
"Leo germani"

Just curious, is there a reason why you would not upgrade to Gutsy?

hmm.. yes..

Ive been working with multimedia FLOSS for the last 4 years, specially with video production, and the installation I have of Ubuntu 7.04 with cinelerra is the most stable I ever got (you know cinelerra sometimes is a pain in the ass, but I love him)... I dont feel comfortable throwing this system away for a new version that does not adds anything critical to me that justify the effort and the risk of the operation ...

... because on this computer is the video editing station of the NGO I work and it cannot stop.

also because I writing from Santarem - Pará, Amazon Brasil. Here broad band connection is not that broad at all.. Ive managed to have all the packages I need on CD (Ubuntu Studio packages plus some packages Ive done like kino
1.1 with quicktime support, etc) so I dont depend on internet to install other machines here.

We are now starting to install the system on laptops that are going to communities around river Tapajos. This community has sattelite connection and solar enery... We have to have a "everything on CD installation" cause we cant count with a high speed connection...

ah, of course, on the top of that Im not getting a very good feedback from people who upgrade to gutsy...

Leo,,

Old 01-12-2008, 03:10 PM
"Cory K."

Leo germani wrote:

> ah, of course, on the top of that Im not getting a very good feedback
> from people who upgrade to gutsy...
>
> Leo,,

I recommend a clean install. A upgrade can go fine most people just
don't know what to look out for.

-Cory m/

Old 01-12-2008, 08:39 PM
"Christopher Stamper"

Maybe I'm just stupid, but why don't you download the current .deb from packages.ubuntu.com?

Won't it work in fiesty?

christopherstamper@gmail.com
http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg

Old 01-14-2008, 11:24 AM
"Leo germani"

Maybe I'm just stupid, but why don't you download the current .deb from
packages.ubuntu.com?

Won't it work in fiesty?
Newer versions of ardour2 depends on newer versions of jack, not available for feisty...

*