Old 03-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus

Default Assembling an station for video edition

Hi everybody:
Well I bought few pieces for build a PC which can help us with video edition and other graphical stuff. I bought a nVidia GPU Card Quadro FX580 and I've got talso a CPU Phenom II 965, I didn't bought the motherboard yet because the model I was searching was a little expensive (ASUS M4A79T DEluxe) I found a better price, but... I'm not sure if that model will be the best choice, I'm looking Gigabyte motehrboards also and there are anotehr interesting options.

I have not experience with this kind of PCs so I ask you for your best recommendation, of course my idea is to use Ubuntu Studio Lucid Lynx when I finally get the PC complete.

Cheers and thanks to all:
Aradnix

_________________________--
lutar e vencer!
lluitar i vèncer!
combattre et vaincre!
combattere e vincere!
vechten en overwinnen!
kämpfen und besiegen!
kämpa och besegra!
bojovat a zv*tězit!

walczyć i wygrać!

воевать и выиграть
戦いに勝つ!
jarraitu eta garaitu!

Old 03-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Neil Jensen

This really is not the time to buy a motherboard. I am not going to get
technical because I would have to look it all back up...if you want me to, I
will..but probably within the year to 18 months HT technology will be going to
it's next upgrade and the cpu's we all have will be able to fully take
advantage of their full potential. There is not a board out there right now
which will unlike the potential of the fastest cpu's out....really try to wait
if you can. Buy a $50 board to experiment with until then...you'll be fine.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus

Well, in fact we can't wait soooooo long. The prices here aren't so expensive, a good MoBo can cost US$25, a MoBO more expensivbe like one of those you say only can be acquired by importation. I was searching options in Asus and Gigabyte, I choosed an Asus M4A79T DeLuxe, but I'm not sure, maybe I could find something better and of course not so expensive.

By the way Neil, could you bring me a page where to read more about that HT tecnhology please.

Thanks:Aradnix
--
lutar e vencer!

lluitar i vèncer!
combattre et vaincre!
combattere e vincere!
vechten en overwinnen!
kämpfen und besiegen!
kämpa och besegra!

bojovat a zv*tězit!
walczyć i wygrać!
воевать и выиграть!
戦いに勝つ!
jarraitu eta garaitu!

Old 04-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Neil Jensen

On Wednesday 31 March 2010 02:26:29 pm Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus wrote:

> Well, in fact we can't wait soooooo long. The prices here aren't so

> expensive, a good MoBo can cost US$25, a MoBO more expensivbe like one of

> those you say only can be acquired by importation. I was searching options

> in Asus and Gigabyte, I choosed an Asus M4A79T DeLuxe, but I'm not sure,

> maybe I could find something better and of course not so expensive.

> By the way Neil, could you bring me a page where to read more about that HT

> tecnhology please.

> Thanks:

> Aradnix

Aradnix

I Yi Yi! I forgot how confusing all of this stuff is. I am really interested in it all, but I don't know if I'll ever fully wrap my head around it. I have taken some notes and left some links for you to peruse. I hope this helps somewhat.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103688 This cpu has

a HT(hypertransport) power of 4000mHz

The fastest current motherboards only have a FSB speed of 2600mHz

What you should be looking for in a motherboard to get the optimal processing

power for your cpu is

The fastest FSB you can get. HT 3.1 technology currently does not support

anything more than 2600mHz...future will be more...

You also want the fastest ram standard available

The current fastest RAM available supports information storage transfer up to

52.8 Gb/s(bi-directional)

Fastest HT Motherboard: 2600Mhz/s or 41.6Gb/s

Your Phenom ll CPU HT: 4000Mhz/s

PC3-17600 DDR3-SDRAM (triple channel 192-bit): 2200Mhz/s / channel or 52.8Gb/s

HT3.1 is the current (FSB) bus technology which maxes out at 25.6 Gb/s of

information through the north and south bridge of your board in any one

direction to all the various devices. So you can put through that much information and receive that much information back at the same time.

List of Device Bandwidths

"HyperTransport supports an auto-negotiated bit width, ranging from two- to 32-link interconnects. The full-width, full bandwidth, 32-bit interconnect has a transfer rate of 25.6 GB/s (3.2 GHz/link * 2 bits/Hz * 32 links * 1 Byte / 8

bits) per direction, or 51.2 GB/s aggregated bandwidth per link, making it

faster than any existing bus standard for PC workstations and servers"

HyperTransport Wiki

Great Overclocking Instructional

Neil