Old 03-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Hartmut Noack

Default not sure where to ask this question, about the audio production possibilities...

Am 29.03.2010 16:52, schrieb Brian David:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 8:11 PM, G L Romeu <romeug@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I have been on the graphics end of computers, everything from photo
>> through layout to 3d for cad/cam, and therefore my initial interest in
>> studio.
>
> *SNIP*

> Many people will recommend Audacity, particularly for beginners. But trust
> me, if you plan on getting into Ubuntu Studio and Linux audio for the long
> haul, Ardour is the program you'll want to use.

That is absolutely correct! Audacity is a nice Editor but not a capable
recorder/arranger. Ardour has all, one needs to work fluently and with
minimum limitations with musicians, that simply want to record and
arrange/mix music. And it can do everything you would do with Audacity
as well. Thanks Jack you can even run Ardour synched to a videoplayer
and thus work on soundtracks as the big boys would do ;-)

> Speaking of Ardour, I noticed there's a good change they won't reach their
> fundraising goals over at Ardour.org this month. So, as a reminder to all
> you audio enthusiasts: If you're on this list and you use Ardour regularly
> and you're not a subscriber, you should seriously consider supporting the
> program financially.

I second that strongly. Go for it and tell your friends :-)