Old 03-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Khalid Said

Default Saving Video Driver Settings

Hi

I have installed nvidia driver (185.18.36) and I have dual screens, after configuring the driver settings I click apply and everything is fine, however each time I restart the pc I found this settings is changed to default settings when I installed ubuntu studio where the second screen goes off, I tried to save the settings using "nvidia-settings Configuration" from the panel but I failed.

thank you,

Old 03-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Oleg Ivanenko

Hi!
You should do this as root or /etc/XOrg[blablabla]conf file silently(sic!) will not rewrited, so your dual setup will exists until next reboot only I was snapped in this trap too.

I have installed nvidia driver (185.18.36) and I have dual screens, after configuring the driver settings I click apply and everything is fine, however each time I restart the pc I found this settings is changed to default settings when I installed ubuntu studio where the second screen goes off, I tried to save the settings using "nvidia-settings Configuration" from the panel but I failed.

thank you,

Khalid

Truly yours, Oleg Ivanenko aka Ash
[if it wasn't so sad, it would be funny]