Old 03-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Ian Miller

Default Lucid Beta1 for amd64?

What's happened to the Beta1 release for amd64? I can't see it here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/lucid/beta-1/

cheers,
ian

Old 03-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Neil Jensen

I found it here:

http://releases.ubuntu.com/10.04/

Old 03-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Neil Jensen

No, I guess not that was just straight amd64...

Old 03-22-2010, 01:52 AM
Leo

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Ian Miller <gmane@emacs.fastmail.fm> wrote:

What's happened to the Beta1 release for amd64? I can't see it here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/lucid/beta-1/

cheers,

ian

can this link work for you?

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/daily/current/

Leo

Old 03-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Dave

The first link didn't work
for me either.

Tried at different times throughout the (Australian) day but only the
32bit builds were visible.

Resorted to downloading the daily build from Leo's link.

Installed o.k. but in first boot the system got no further than the new
splash screen.

Rebooted and tried again. Same issue.

Started from the installation DVD in recovery mode but got the same
issue on starting X from the consol.

Repeated the install to a fresh partition but again got no further than
the splash screen.

My motivation in trying the Lucid beta was to see if LMMS would run
"out of the box" after all sorts of issues I have had trying to use it
under both Hardy and Karmic.

Dave

Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Hi all,

this link : http://releases.ubuntu.com/10.04/

is working to download beta 1 amd64. I've done it yesterday evening.

I've tested my computer with it in live session, and it's a very
impressive release, incredible for a beta 1.

Lucid is gonna be i'll think the best Ubuntu ever done.

I'm gonna perform new advanced tests on audio-video editing with lucid
after my installation over karmic.

Laurent

Old 03-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Dave

Hi Laurent

Yes, but your link isn't for Ubuntu studio.

The original post related to there being no 64bit image at this link:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/lucid/beta-1/

It's still not there.

Dave

Old 03-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Scott Lavender

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Dave <dvb_t@iinet.com.au> wrote:

Hi Laurent

Yes, but your link isn't for Ubuntu studio.

The original post related to there being no 64bit image at this link:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/lucid/beta-1/

It's still not there.

Dave

*I believe that the amd64 ISO had some troubles with the kernel package according to the ISO tracker and Launchpad bug:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/result/3805/227

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/base-installer/+bug/541625

I have been told that it is probably too late to see an amd64 ISO image for beta 1.* At the worst an image should be available for beta 2 which should come April 8th I believe.

I hope this information helps clarify some of the confusion.

ScottL

Old 03-24-2010, 07:12 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Hi Dave,

sorry, I haven't seen that it was the UBS release you wanted.

2 way to get it,

- wait the next beta 2 to get a complete iso,

- install the Ubuntu amd64 iso 10.04 beta 1 and then upload it with UBS
packages.

Some in lprod.org list have started to test, RT kernel is OK, powerfull
and stable and many audio applics seems to be good out of the box.

I've installed lucid ubuntu base yesterday, tonight, i'm gonna complete
the install with audio and video tools to start detailed tests.

Laurent