Old 02-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Peter Berlau

Default usb audio interface

Hello,

I need a USB audio Interface, like to have

minimum 8 In/Out
works with audacity

need no phantompower

wish to have a seperate In/Out Box which is connected to the USB and not
only a Multi-Link-Cable-Connection...

Must not have midi, but it would great if interface can work as
audio-soundcard too, and... it should not make ( a lot of ) noise...

Should work with Debian Stable (5.x) also, or, please. specify Ubuntu
Version...

Thanks for advice and help,
all the best Peter

Old 02-27-2010, 05:30 PM
teza

Hi Peter, have a look here looks prtty good to me
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/1204USB.aspx
Regards
Teza

.................................................. .................

Old 02-28-2010, 03:29 AM
Leo

Peter Berlau a écrit :

> Hello,

> I need a USB audio Interface, like to have

> minimum 8 In/Out

> works with audacity

> need no phantompower

> wish to have a seperate In/Out Box which is connected to the USB and not

> only a Multi-Link-Cable-Connection...

> Must not have midi, but it would great if interface can work as

> audio-soundcard too, and... it should not make ( a lot of ) noise...

> Should work with Debian Stable (5.x) also, or, please. specify Ubuntu

> Version...

> Thanks for advice and help,

> all the best Peter

doesn't look like working for Peter..
from the Berhinger site:
"Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer."

so 2in* 2out not enough.

Leo

Old 02-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Ricardo Lameiro

I think you will not have very lucky to find 8/in/8/out using usb.... unless using low sampling frequency. You would have much more choice using Firewire.

You can look at this interfaces

M-AUDIO FAST TRACK ULTRA 8RESI ESU 1808
I am not sure if this cards will work. You need to check if the ALSA drivers fully support them.

Any doubt shout it.

for the record i use an Edirol FA-101 10 in 10out Firewire

Peter Berlau a écrit :

> Hello,

> I need a USB audio Interface, like to have

> minimum 8 In/Out

> works with audacity

> need no phantompower

> wish to have a seperate In/Out Box which is connected to the USB and not

> only a Multi-Link-Cable-Connection...

> Must not have midi, but it would great if interface can work as

> audio-soundcard too, and... it should not make ( a lot of ) noise...

> Should work with Debian Stable (5.x) also, or, please. specify Ubuntu

> Version...

> Thanks for advice and help,

> all the best Peter

doesn't look like working for Peter..
from the Berhinger site:
"Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer."

so 2in* 2out not enough.

Leo

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro

Old 03-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Hartmut Noack

Old 03-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Peter Berlau

Hi,
thanks for information, I will try
using a Notebook with firewire
or my tower-pc
+ echo audiofire 12,

we have done record our CDs with
apple OS/X 10.3x , emagic logic pro and Tascam FW 1884
which works pretty fine but I preffer a solution on linux .

We, optimum need
5 in/out - drums
3 in/out - double bass, bass-effects
3 in/out - saxophones
2 in/out - guitar
( not really needed... if I like to play guitar on some parts ouf our
music, but mostly I do not... )

We need all this because we do all the mixing (pre- and master).
It is very helpful that we can adjust every single track in volume,
equalizer, room-acoustics...
We do now overdubbing or recording track by track, we record
"live-like"... so the option that we can work on each track without
touching the other tracks is essential for us.

> http://www.ffado.org/?q=devicesupport/list
thanks for this link...
Do You know if ffado runs under Debian too?
but it is not a problem to make a dual boot system on my 'tower-pc',
space enough, but it would be cool if I must change nothing...

And thanks for the tipp with ardour, my pc will work fine, it is pretty
new and "owns" 4gb ram and sata hds 64bit amd dual proz.

thanks a lot again,

all the best Peter

[..]

--
http://www.peterberlau.de
http://www.bkm-music.com

Old 03-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Leo

> I need a USB audio Interface, like to have

> minimum 8 In/Out

> works with audacity

A guy at my LUG uses one of these:

http://www.alesis.com/multimix8usb

They are cheap, and he says 8 channels are available to Ardour etc.

There won't be 8 channel available.from alesis web site:
CONNECTIONS

USB 1.1 Stereo input/Output for PC (Windows XP or Vista) and Mac (OS X).*son 2 in / 2 out
He better look for other than USB

GreetsLeo

Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 AM
V Gabriele De Palo

Ciao,
If you are interested last night I managed to run the M-Audio Fast Track
Ultra <http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackUltra.html>
(http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackUltra.html)
<http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackUltra.html>
with Karmic-rt,
but there are some problems, the card is really very good and not very
expensive
but for now it is not stable, it is necessary to wait for now
bye
gabriele