Old 02-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Glenn Holmer

Default audio digitizers

Not specifically an Ubuntu Studio question, but does anybody know if
devices like this work well with Linux?

http://www.ionaudio.com/urecord

--
"The text is only a proposition." -Pierre Boulez
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682) http://www.lyonlabs.org

Old 02-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Frans Ketelaars

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 04:50:07 -0600, Glenn Holmer wrote:

> Anybody know if devices like this work well with Linux?
>
> http://www.ionaudio.com/urecord

http://www.turntablelab.com/dj_equipment/806/2552/37289.html says:
"plug and play USB connection - no drivers needed!"

That suggests it's basically a USB audio device class compliant sound
"card" with an inbuilt phono preampifier, so it should work with Linux.

That site also says:
"ION U-Record USB Audio Interface w/ Audacity Recording Software".

See http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Audacity_Wiki_Home_Page for
Audacity. Audacity is in the Ubuntu repo's

That last site has very much info about digitizing tapes and records. I
doubt if you need to buy an extra device !

Good luck!

-Frans

Old 02-26-2010, 01:56 PM
"Nepal - google"

On Friday 26 Feb 2010 10:50:07 Glenn Holmer wrote:
> Anybody know if devices like this work well with Linux?
>
> http://www.ionaudio.com/urecord

You might try asking your question on another list. LAU

you might also find some useful information in the recent thread

"[LAU] vinyl import to FLAC"

nepal.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Tommy yeah

I'm not completely sure if this device is supported. I have used similar usb audio interfaces that worked flawlessly though such as the Tascam US-122 and US-144. They were much more difficult to setup in Gutsy Gibbon when I first started using them, but by 8.10 they seemed to work out of the box.

Have a great day,
Tommy

Old 02-27-2010, 03:12 AM
Kenneth Koym

Glenn,
not sure but I do not know a reason it wouldn't work; what can you tell us on using this gadget to digitize voice?
Kenneth (Linux registered user #

470205)