Old 01-09-2008, 08:58 AM
"alex stone"

Default Rosegarden zoom.

This is going to sound really, really, dumb, but i've been unable to find an answer to this.

I'm trying Rosegarden 1.6.1 in UBS. So far so good, and everything seems to work ok. (And a thank you and respects to the devs.)

But try as i might, i can't find out how to zoom the matrix editor, or change the background colours in the ME and Main window to something less........white. I've been through the manual, and asked around several fora. The lines in the ME are too close together for me, and opening them up a little would help considerably. I'm using the standard Gnome window, with a few tweaks in Kcontrol to subdue the.....white, as best i can. I don't need a gothic view, just something a little more subdued.

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. The update works pretty well here in UBS, but i get the occasional sigrev error, when i try to add a couple of submasters to the existing layout. Works with a reboot or two.

Alex.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:56 AM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Wednesday 09 January 2008, alex stone wrote:
> But try as i might, i can't find out how to zoom the matrix editor,

It only zooms horizontally. Looking at my working copy, I notice the zoom
slider in the matrix doesn't have a label for some reason. It just has the
little slider widget with no explanation beside it. Odd. Could that be the
case for you too, and you just missed it, or were you looking to zoom
vertically? I'm afraid there's some horrible technical reason why we can't
zoom vertically yet. I think QT4 will eventually fix that, but that port is
at least a year in the future.

> or
> change the background colours in the ME and Main window to something
> less........white.

The backgrounds are hard coded, and your only choices are white, or the
textured background.

Glad it's working for you otherwise, and sorry about the inconvenience here.
--
D. Michael McIntyre

Old 01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
"alex stone"

D, no problem at all, and no need for apologies.
It's my first serious look at Rosegarden, and i've been impressed with what i've seen so far. The 1.5.1 was a bit problematic, but this latest release is a big step forward. Well done and thanks to you and the team. I do this full time, (writing classical music) so any foray i make into software tends to be in depth, and specific to what i'm trying to achieve.

I've located the horizontal zoom easily enough, and yes, it was vertical i was chasing.
It's early days yet, and just maybe after getting the grid designations assigned to Numpad KC's, and step inputting, i just might be alright anyway. After all, no programme is all things to all users. Percentages, lol.

I've yet to find the backgrounds, but i'll have a fishing expedition through the rose files and see which path i'm supposed to look in. (I'm still new at linux.)

Thanks for the input.

Regards,

Alex Stone.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:49 PM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Wednesday 09 January 2008, alex stone wrote:
> lol. I've yet to find the backgrounds, but i'll have a fishing expedition
> through the rose files and see which path i'm supposed to look in. (I'm
> still new at linux.)

Settings -> Configure Rosegarden -> General Configuration. They're on the
Presentation tab. Currently they are either on or off, and you can't change
the bitmap used unless you hack the installed data files.
--
D. Michael McIntyre