Old 01-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Tom Rausner

Default ASPX, asp.net

Hi !

I have some troubles watching videos i the format aspx (asp.net).
I've tried to find a plugin for Firefox doing the trick, but with
no success so far. Once-upon-a-time I ran it on VLC, but it seems
it doesn't work any more. Have something gone missing in my setup ?

--
Tom Rausner

Old 01-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus

Hi:
I never had been heart about that format, in fact asp.net is a web application framework developed and marketed by Microsoft to allow programmers to build dynamic web sites, web applications and web services. I don't know if there is a video format related. But you can also search for a video converter.It dependes what you wanna do.

Cheers:Aradnix
______________________________*
lutar e vencer!
lluitar i vèncer!
combattre et vaincre!
combattere e vincere!
vechten en overwinnen!

kämpfen und besiegen!
kämpa och besegra!
bojovat a zv*tězit!
walczyć i wygrać!
воевать и выиграть!
戦いに勝つ!
jarraitu eta garaitu!

Old 01-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Tom Rausner

Hi Aradenatorix.

man, 18 01 2010 kl. 11:08 -0600, skrev Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus:
> Hi:
>

> I never had been heart about that format, in fact asp.net is a web
> application framework developed and marketed by Microsoft to allow
> programmers to build dynamic web sites, web applications and web
> services. I don't know if there is a video format related. But you can
> also search for a video converter.It dependes what you wanna do.

Well, here in Denmark the national television uses this system to
show their programs on their website. Below you can see an exampel
of how an internal link from the side where you tell what program
you want to see, looks like;

(javascriptRPlayer(',','/Forms/Published/PlaylistGen.aspx?qid=1323495',')

As you can see the playlist is using the format .aspx
(unless I've got it all wrong).

What I wanna do is simply watching the program !

--
Tom Rausner

Old 01-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Sean Corbett

It looks like the PlaylistGen.aspx is simply a script on the server
side that fetches the movie or playlist -- the .aspx means that they
are running Microsoft's .NET framework on their server. What type of
movie it is would be determined by the MIME type the server returns to
your browser, which might be difficult to determine if the site is not
working properly. Can you give the URL of the site?

-sean

Old 01-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Sean Corbett

(sorry for top-posting)

-sean

Old 01-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Tom Rausner

Hi Sean.

tir, 19 01 2010 kl. 09:27 -0500, skrev Sean Corbett:
> It looks like the PlaylistGen.aspx is simply a script on the server
> side that fetches the movie or playlist -- the .aspx means that they
> are running Microsoft's .NET framework on their server. What type of
> movie it is would be determined by the MIME type the server returns to
> your browser, which might be difficult to determine if the site is not
> working properly. Can you give the URL of the site?

I most certenly can;

http://www.dr.dk/dr2/videnom

www.dr.dk
is the url to Denmarks Radio's homepage

/dr2
is the channel

/videnom
is the page of this specific programseries (a scientific one)

the url I send in my first mail
(javascriptRPlayer(',','/Forms/Published/PlaylistGen.aspx?qid=1323495',')

is the path to a specific episode, from this location;

http://www.dr.dk/dr2/videnom

--
Tom Rausner

Old 01-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Neil Jensen

Hi,

It looks to me that they are running flash(swf) video on the network
with asp database service

Old 01-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Tom Rausner

Hi Niel

tir, 19 01 2010 kl. 19:35 -0500, skrev Neil Jensen:
> Hi,
>
> It looks to me that they are running flash(swf) video on the network
> with asp database service
> On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 23:35 +0100, Tom Rausner wrote:

why do you think swf? my investegation points at WMV

--
Tom Rausner

Old 01-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Sean Corbett

Ah, I see what's going on ...

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Tom Rausner <tom@rausner.dk> wrote:
> why do you think swf? my investegation points at WMV

It is indeed a WMV... but the PlaylistGen.aspx script is returning an
ASX file, which is a small XML "pointer" file that is supposed to
redirect your browser to a video stream. The stream it points to is
this:

mms://wms.dr.dk/nas01/auto/cms/Resources/dr.dk/NETTV/DR2/2009/12/74e50cf7-7206-4b45-89c2-c272872b4e9d/Viden%20om20091215.wmv

So, try opening the above URL in vlc... it worked for me (after
buffering for a while).

-sean