-   -   digitizer tablet (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/310356-digitizer-tablet.html)

Tom Rausner 01-16-2010 09:36 PM

digitizer tablet

Hi Folks.

I need to be able to make drawings dirctly into a program,
and think a digitizer-drawing-pad-thing might do the trick.
But theese things often comes with drivers that only work
with windows. So, I would like to know if any of you have
hands-on-experience using a tool of this kind, with Ubuntu.
(which device, which program, etc.)

Thanx in advance (by the loads)

--
Tom Rausner

Thomas Fisher 01-16-2010 10:55 PM

digitizer tablet

On Saturday 16 January 2010 01:36:53 pm Tom Rausner wrote:
> Hi Folks.
>
> I need to be able to make drawings dirctly into a program,
> and think a digitizer-drawing-pad-thing might do the trick.
> But theese things often comes with drivers that only work
> with windows. So, I would like to know if any of you have
> hands-on-experience using a tool of this kind, with Ubuntu.
> (which device, which program, etc.)
>
> Thanx in advance (by the loads)
>
> --
> Tom Rausner
Tom

My experience has been with the Wacom brand. Many of the models are supported,
for some of the pens features. This company, in the past have been quite
supportive of the Open Software effort. Note; that not all models are
supported, ie. Bluetooth. Also each open source graphics application will
probably differ as to feature applicability. Mostly the basic pointer {mouse
functions } are across the board. The X Window system comes with a set of
drivers for some brands and models. Some special uses such as in music are
being experimented with. I have no experience base with other makes of
digitizers.

Some of the X drivers may be seen here:
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/input

visit: