Old 01-11-2010, 07:34 PM
"J. Simon van der Walt"

Default Fairly naive Pd question

The version of Pd included with studio 9.10 - am I correct in thinking
that is pd-vanilla? Rather than pd-extended? Is there a reason for
that? How would I install pd-extended? I have some patches previous
done on pd-extended on the mac which I'd like to try to get going in
linux.

tia

--
J. Simon van der Walt - Composer
www.jsimonvanderwalt.com

Old 01-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Ricardo Lameiro

There is no package yet for Pd-Extended on the ubuntu repositories. Maybe it will be for the next release.
You need to install the deb package from the puredata.info website and unistall pd-vanilla. when unistalling pd-vanilla, ubuntustudio-audio will be uninstalled, but that is only a metapackage, you are not uninstalling all the programs.

The version of Pd included with studio 9.10 - am I correct in thinking

that is pd-vanilla? Rather than pd-extended? Is there a reason for

that? How would I install pd-extended? I have some patches previous

done on pd-extended on the mac which I'd like to try to get going in

linux.

tia

--

J. Simon van der Walt - Composer

www.jsimonvanderwalt.com

+44 (0) 7905 270 198

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro

Old 01-12-2010, 03:13 PM
"J. Simon van der Walt"

Ricardo,

> You need to install the deb package from the puredata.info website and
> unistall pd-vanilla. when unistalling pd-vanilla, ubuntustudio-audio will be
> uninstalled, but that is only a metapackage, you are not uninstalling all
> the programs.

Thanks. From this point on, the question should probably go to the
pd-list, I guess, but... I uninstalled pd (vanilla) in Synaptic
Package Manager, and downloaded and installed this instead;

http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/Pd-0.42.5-extended-ubuntu-karmic-i386.deb

It mostly seems to work. However, of the libraries I tried to install
in Pd, only Gem seems to work, other wise I get

cyclone: can't load library

The libraries all seem to be there in usr/lib/pd. What now?

tia
jS

Old 01-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Ricardo Lameiro

Hi JS

Maybe not all the libs are loaded at startup.
You can add the lib folder that you want in the file menu - startup
or maybe make like this [cyclone/objectyouwant]
this happens, maybe because the devs doesnt want to load all the libs, because they are loaded to the RAM and most of them you dont use in day to day work.

Try like this to see if it helps

Ricardo Lameiro

Ricardo,

Old 01-14-2010, 11:05 AM
"J. Simon van der Walt"

Ricardo,

Sorry, I wasn't clear, that's what I mean, when put the name of a library in
the startup, eg cyclone, then I just get an error message 'can't load
library'. I'll try asking on the pd list.

Thanks,

JS

Old 01-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Ricardo Lameiro

Hi JS.

Sorry I mislead you.

You nee to put the path to the lib. and the choice is file-path, and not startup.

startup is to load flags of Pd. like -rt for realtime.

the path to the extra is (at least in ubuntu/Debian)

/usr/lib/pd/extra

sorry for telling you that was in the startup menu. I wasn't on my PC.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Kenneth Koym

JS & Ricardo:
*is still unclear to me here in Austin Texas... does this also work on ubu stu 9.10 amd 64b bit? If so, beyond the terminal entry which I can't dup at this moment, what more is to be done ?
ken

Ricardo,