Old 01-07-2008, 07:48 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Default new free video editor ready for ubuntu studio

Hi,

I've just tested it,

kdenlive is in gutsy gibbon repository in 0.5 release, very easy to
install it with synaptic.

This software very easy to use for video editing is between kino for
beginners and cinelerra for advanced users, like studio pinnacle
software under windows(c).

It could be a great idea to put it in the next ubuntu studio hardy
release in the ubuntu-studio video meta-package.

enjoy it,

bye,

Tutorials in french to use it here :
http://fr.lprod.org/wiki/doku.php?id=video:kdenlive

Laurent from France.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Hartmut Noack

Old 01-07-2008, 02:29 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Hartmut Noack a écrit :

> laurent.bellegarde schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just tested it,
>>
>> kdenlive is in gutsy gibbon repository in 0.5 release, very easy to
>> install it with synaptic.
>>
>> This software very easy to use for video editing is between kino for
>> beginners and cinelerra for advanced users,
>>

> I can back that - Kdenlive is really cool: important features like a
> timeline-editor but much easier to use then Cinelerra. Unfortuantely it
> is not stable enough for daily use - if crashbugs are fixed, it is
> absolutey worth being included!

Hi, the only trouble i have with it is crashing when i load ogg theora
media, the codec is not completly included.

But for the rest, eveything is ok, or seems to.

Laurent

Old 01-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Andrew Hunter

laurent.bellegarde wrote:
> Hartmut Noack a écrit :
>>
>> laurent.bellegarde schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've just tested it,
>>>
>>> kdenlive is in gutsy gibbon repository in 0.5 release, very easy to
>>> install it with synaptic.
>>>
>>> This software very easy to use for video editing is between kino for
>>> beginners and cinelerra for advanced users,
>>>
>> I can back that - Kdenlive is really cool: important features like a
>> timeline-editor but much easier to use then Cinelerra. Unfortuantely it
>> is not stable enough for daily use - if crashbugs are fixed, it is
>> absolutey worth being included!
>
> Hi, the only trouble i have with it is crashing when i load ogg theora
> media, the codec is not completly included.
>
> But for the rest, eveything is ok, or seems to.
>
> Laurent

I am not sure if you guys are subscribed to the -devel ML, but we are
deciding between kdenlive and Open Movie Editor (Both in the repos) for
inclusion by default.[1]

[1]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-devel/2008-January/000175.html

Old 01-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Hartmut Noack

Old 01-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Hartmut Noack

Old 01-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Florin Andrei

Andrew Hunter wrote:

> I am not sure if you guys are subscribed to the -devel ML, but we are
> deciding between kdenlive and Open Movie Editor (Both in the repos) for
> inclusion by default.

Why not both?

(just curious)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/

Old 01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
"Cory K."

Florin Andrei wrote:
> Andrew Hunter wrote:
>
>> I am not sure if you guys are subscribed to the -devel ML, but we are
>> deciding between kdenlive and Open Movie Editor (Both in the repos) for
>> inclusion by default.
>>

> Why not both?
>
> (just curious)

1 app per function.

-Cory m/

Old 01-08-2008, 06:39 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Cory K. a écrit :
> Florin Andrei wrote:
>
>> Andrew Hunter wrote:
>>

>>> I am not sure if you guys are subscribed to the -devel ML, but we are
>>> deciding between kdenlive and Open Movie Editor (Both in the repos) for
>>> inclusion by default.
>>>

>> Why not both?
>>
>> (just curious)
>>

> 1 app per function.
>
> -Cory m/

Ok, i'm dicovering Open Movie Editor. I'm going to have a look.

Thank's, bye

Laurent

Old 01-08-2008, 07:20 AM
frederic monnin

I just had a look at open movie editor, it looks quite simple indeed.
For having used Kdenlive for a job last year (and it was not yet 0.5
wich is far more stable) I can tell it's a well done software, simple
but complete and really promising (among the plus are the export
templates based on ffmpeg, good support for various formats, of course
it has its load of weird bugs, we encountered problems with audio tracks
during export but finally sort it out).
For now I think Kdenlive is a step forward than open movie editor, wich
looks fast and straight but also maybe too simplistic.

that's just an opinion from a kdenlive user.

deFred

(god my english is weird early in the morning)