Old 01-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Steve Meiers

Default Only jack supports firewire audio devices at this time.

Luke mentioned "Only jack supports firewire audio devices at this time." in his previous message, copied below. I have a few questions regarding Jack's firewire support.

How well does Jack support firewire?

Do
I still need a ffado supported device and driver to use within Jack or
does Jack support any and all firewire audio devices without additional
drivers, etc?

Basically, is it plug-and-play, like most USB midi or USB
audio devices that I plug into Ubuntu?

So far, there are no ffado drivers for my ADAT-firewire hardware; so it would be very cool, but I suspect the answer is sadly no.

Thanks.

Steve

Message: 6