Old 01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
teza

Default Footswitch usb

Hi all, I'am a racarack and guitarix user, I would like to use them live
but for that I need a usb footswitch or stompboxes pad to switch
effects while playing. Do you one who's working fine with ubuntu studio?
Regards
Teza.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Ricardo Lameiro

Hi teza

I have a Midi footswitch
It works great but you need to have a midi port. its a behringer FCB-1010
it has 10 switch and 2 _expression_ pedals
at the end you get up to 100 presets.
It is cheap and works via midi.

You can use a midi to usb converter

Hi all, I'am a racarack and guitarix user, I would like to use them live

but for that I need a usb footswitch or stompboxes pad *to switch

effects while playing. Do you one who's *working fine *with ubuntu studio?

Regards

Teza.

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro

Old 01-06-2010, 09:58 AM
teza

Hi Ricardo, that's the one I was thinking of, do you think it will work
via usb? I found an usb/midi adaptator on the web (see pictures) should
it be good enough to make it work under ubuntu studio?
what I want to do is using my Asus eepc as an effects rack to play live
and recording. So anyl inks, docs or tutorials will be welcome or if
you've got any tips how to use it.

Thanks for your help
Teza
Regards

////////////////////////////////////::::::::::::::::::::::::::::://///::::///////////////////////////////////////

Old 01-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Francesco Barreca

If you have a little hacking skills and pure data beginner level,
you can do it on your own by using an old USB numeric keypad and pure data.
Filtering the ASCII code of specific buttons within pure data and resend it via MIDI to your guitar rack.

http://cycling74.com/2007/10/16/making-connections-building-a-usb-footswitch/
best francesco b

Old 01-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Sean Edwards

Teza,

I agree with Ricardo. The Behringer FCB-1010 is a highly configurable
and very durable device. There are even 3rd party firmware mod chips
you can get to specialize the function. The most popular mod chip is
one that makes the FCB-1010 function as a midi stomp box.

If you absolutely require USB control, consider hacking a USB
keyboard. M.A.M.E. Arcade people have a lot of great information about
how to do this. In general, you disassemble the keys and membrane from
the keyboard circuit, and hardwire switches to the circuit. I have a
USB keyboard footswitch hack to control mp3 playback with VLC. An
interesting USB keyboard hack would be a footswitch controller make from
a wireless keyboard hack.

-=Sean Edwards=-

Old 01-09-2010, 01:18 PM
sandie

Francesco Barreca wrote:
> If you have a little hacking skills and pure data beginner level,
> you can do it on your own by using an old USB numeric keypad and pure
> data.
> Filtering the ASCII code of specific buttons within pure data and
> resend it via MIDI to your guitar rack.
> http://cycling74.com/2007/10/16/making-connections-building-a-usb-footswitch/
> best francesco b

Nice idea.

It should be easy to build one to control my DAW ([1] to locator one,
[Enter] to play, and so on...).
It'll be a cool tool to have when I'm stuck behing the drums, instead of
trying to reach the keyboard with various objects :-)

Regards
Sandie

Old 01-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Hartmut Noack

Old 01-10-2010, 03:47 PM
teza

Hi very nice, but how can I use this under Ubuntu Studio? It will be
very to have it setup for live gig using Rackarrack, guitarix and effects.
But how Ican do that?
Regards.
Teza.