Old 01-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Robert Klaar

Default Rme hdsp 9632 setup.

Hi, I recently bought a rme hdsp 9632 pci soundcard. Is there someone here that have experience using it with ubuntu studio and how to configure it? I read this;*http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7024 and it seems awfully complicated for ubuntu 9.10 with all it's apt-get packaging and stuff, what do I have to do in Ubuntu to make it work, I've got bad experiences messing with stuff that shouldn't be messed with like this and I don't want to edit textfiles and such if I don't have to, anyone got experience? .)
//Paco

Old 01-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Viktor Mastoridis

Hi, I recently bought a rme hdsp 9632 pci soundcard. Is there someone
here that have experience using it with ubuntu studio and how to
configure it?

I am using the same card for a year now on UBS.

It's really easy and straight forward:

In UBS it the software for it comes PRE-INSTALLED, but to be on the safe side, do the following.

open Synaptic (system > administration > synaptic package manager)

type hdsp

you will see two apps: 'alsa firmware loaders' and* 'alsa tools gui'

install them (if they aren't installed)

go to Sound and Video > Audio production > HDSPConf and HDSPMixer should be there. These are your main aps for the card.

As to how to CONFIGURE and USE the card, you should follow the manual which is written by RME for Windows/Mac and it applies to Linux as well.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads_manuals.php

This last step is important, as RME doesn't work the usual way, even on Win/Mac.

Good luck!

---
Viktor Mastoridis

Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Robert Klaar

Thx Mte, worked almost from the start, had no sound so I got a bit confused but then I noticed that audacious worked(I run everything through jack), took a look at the "connect"-settings and noticed that it didn't route sound from the rest(wine/spotify, renoise, aso.) so did a little patchbaysetup-ing and now everything is up and running. .)
//many thx again Paco

[...]

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Убав Божиќ и Среќна Нова Година
Καλά Χριστούγεννα και Ευτυχισμ*νο το Ν*ο Ετος