FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Studio User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Neil Jensen
 
Default M-Audio 88es midi controller keyboard & ubuntu 64 studio

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here may have experience with the M-Audio 88es
keyboard and it's compatibility with ubuntu 64 studio.

Thanks, Neil


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 12-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Tommy yeah
 
Default M-Audio 88es midi controller keyboard & ubuntu 64 studio

I've used the M-Audio Axiom 49 and Casio Privia with full functionality in 9.10 64bit. I use Zaddsubfx with Ardour, Jamin, and Jackd.
Tommy

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Neil Jensen <neilevanjensen@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,



I was wondering if anyone here may have experience with the M-Audio 88es

keyboard and it's compatibility with ubuntu 64 studio.



Thanks, Neil





--

Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list

Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users



--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 12-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Tommy yeah
 
Default M-Audio 88es midi controller keyboard & ubuntu 64 studio

Wait do you mean 64 Studio? or Ubuntu Studio 64bit?

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Tommy yeah <allornothin.tommy@gmail.com> wrote:

I've used the M-Audio Axiom 49 and Casio Privia with full functionality in 9.10 64bit. I use Zaddsubfx with Ardour, Jamin, and Jackd.

Tommy

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Neil Jensen <neilevanjensen@gmail.com> wrote:


Hi,



I was wondering if anyone here may have experience with the M-Audio 88es

keyboard and it's compatibility with ubuntu 64 studio.



Thanks, Neil





--

Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list

Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users





--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 12-31-2009, 01:39 AM
Neil Jensen
 
Default M-Audio 88es midi controller keyboard & ubuntu 64 studio

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your input. It does seem that most of the M Audio keyboards
have a good track record with ubuntu. I was uncertain about the M-
Audio 88es because it had been left off of the list along with the
M-Audio 66es and M-Audio 88 pro for working without proprietary drivers,
but have read about at least one person who is using it successfully.
On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 12:16 -0600, Tommy yeah wrote:
> I've used the M-Audio Axiom 49 and Casio Privia with full
> functionality in 9.10 64bit. I use Zaddsubfx with Ardour, Jamin, and
> Jackd.
> Tommy
>
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Neil Jensen
> <neilevanjensen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone here may have experience with the
> M-Audio 88es
> keyboard and it's compatibility with ubuntu 64 studio.
>
> Thanks, Neil
>
>
> --
> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>



--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 12-31-2009, 09:49 AM
 
Default M-Audio 88es midi controller keyboard & ubuntu 64 studio

Quoting "Neil Jensen" <neilevanjensen@gmail.com>:

> Hi Tommy,
> I was uncertain about the M-
> Audio 88es because it had been left off of the list along with the
> M-Audio 66es and M-Audio 88 pro for working without proprietary drivers,
> but have read about at least one person who is using it successfully.

I'm using the Keystation 88 Pro and it worked out of the box with
ubuntustudio. It presents two MIDI sources to JACK; 0 is from the
controller itself and 1 is from the MIDI IN socket on the back. You
can also switch the MIDI OUT on the back between being a JACK sink or
the output from the controller. In other words, you can chain your
MIDI gear up to it without needing a dedicated MIDI controller. The
whole device is bus powered.

The only problem I've found is that for my heavy hands on the fairly
light keys, the velocity sensitivity curves are all a bit too brash.

Mark

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org