Old 12-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Pablo Fernandez

Default gstreamer through jack: Rhytmhbox, no problem. Totem fails

Hi all!

I am new to this list. I hope you are fine!

I am using ubuntu 9.04 in an Acer Aspire One netbook, customised for audio work (with packages from ubuntu and 64studio jaunty backports) and
a standard recently installed US 9.10 in my desktop computer, in which I am having this problem.

I am trying to "jackify"* rhytmhbox and totem.

Well, I have installed gstreamer-plugins-bad and I have:

*/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstjack.so

then launched the 'gconf-editor' and put 'jackaudiosink' in the music, chat and audio sinks in

~/.gconf/system/gstreamer/0.10/default

Now, rhythmbox plays nicely through jack, but totem doesn't.

In my netbook, both work with these tweaks.

Any ideas? Is it possible to have totem playing through jack?

More info:

pablo@Desktop:~$ sudo dpkg -l | grep totem
[sudo] password for pablo:
ii* libtotem-plparser12********************* 2.28.1-1******************************* Totem Playlist Parser library - runtime files