-   -   How to Create Movie Special Effects ??? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/301120-how-create-movie-special-effects.html)

"Aditia A. Pratama" 12-27-2009 11:00 PM

How to Create Movie Special Effects ???

hmm I've installed cinelerra, and WOW I thinks the UI is rather difficult, kdenlive is better...but lacks in special effects.*I found this out on my way :
OpenShot Movie Editorhttp://www.openshotvideo.com/

the good news is openshot get along well with inkscape for creating titles (svg file) but still it can't create some nice effects especially for titles, I wonder what softwares that hollywood use for creating such magnificent titles special effects ???

http://www.linuxmovies.org/
On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Tommy Hjalmarsson <tommy.h@bredband.net> wrote:

Aditia A. Pratama wrote:

> Guys, anyone here know what is the best software to create special

> effects in linux? I try goggling and found out Jahshaka, but it can't

> be installed in karmic.

> Hmm the software is similar to adobe after effects.

> thanks

> Best regards,

> Aditia A. Pratama

> --

> Then which favors of GOD will you deny

> As mercy and grace control universe

> As everything was made in pairs for balance

> As lights always given after darkness

> As sins are revealed for us to be avoided

> Blog :

> http://balikpapan.linux.or.id

> YM :

> u.alfarouq@yahoo.com <mailto:u.alfarouq@yahoo.com>

The Jahshaka project is probably dead.

Cinelerra

http://cinelerra.org/

Kdenlive

http://www.kdenlive.org/

"laurent.bellegarde" 12-28-2009 09:22 AM

How to Create Movie Special Effects ???

Hi All,

Happy new year.

There is only one software close to jahshaka that can allow you to
create special effect, it's Blender. Using Blender to create special
effect is more difficult that using jahshaka. To use Jahshaka, the only
way is to have windows XP pro, under this release, jahshaka is working
(not under 98, 2000, NT, Vista), and under Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 only.

The project is dead, but the source code, if it was well packaged could
help the multimedia editing free chain to be complete.

There is a large lack in free software face to adobe after effect, but
since 3 years, I'ven't found any packager to create a Jahshaka package
of the 2.0 release for hardy/and last ubuntu. I'm not enough good in
compiling and packaging to create it myself. This lack's still alive.

Cinelerra and Kdenlive are video editor. They have video effect, very
powerfull, but there is no comparison to jahshaka, which is really more
powerfull for this kind of tools.

Laurent,

Tommy Hjalmarsson 12-28-2009 09:33 AM

laurent.bellegarde wrote:
> [...]
>> > Then which favors of GOD will you deny
>> > As mercy and grace control universe
>> > As everything was made in pairs for balance
>> > As lights always given after darkness
>> > As sins are revealed for us to be avoided

>> > Blog :
>> > http://balikpapan.linux.or.id
>> >
>> > YM :
>> > u.alfarouq@yahoo.com <mailto:u.alfarouq@yahoo.com>
>> <mailto:u.alfarouq@yahoo.com <mailto:u.alfarouq@yahoo.com>>
>> >
>> The Jahshaka project is probably dead.
>>
>> Cinelerra
>> http://cinelerra.org/
>>
>> Kdenlive
>> http://www.kdenlive.org/
>>

>> --
>>

>> --
>> Then which favors of GOD will you deny
>> As mercy and grace control universe
>> As everything was made in pairs for balance
>> As lights always given after darkness
>> As sins are revealed for us to be avoided

You can install Jahshaka under Wine, but if it is stable work with I
don't know.

"laurent.bellegarde" 12-28-2009 01:04 PM

Tommy Hjalmarsson a écrit :
> laurent.bellegarde wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Happy new year.
>>
>> There is only one software close to jahshaka that can allow you to
>> create special effect, it's Blender. Using Blender to create special
>> effect is more difficult that using jahshaka. To use Jahshaka, the only
>> way is to have windows XP pro, under this release, jahshaka is working
>> (not under 98, 2000, NT, Vista), and under Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 only.
>>
>> The project is dead, but the source code, if it was well packaged could
>> help the multimedia editing free chain to be complete.
>>
>> There is a large lack in free software face to adobe after effect, but
>> since 3 years, I'ven't found any packager to create a Jahshaka package
>> of the 2.0 release for hardy/and last ubuntu. I'm not enough good in
>> compiling and packaging to create it myself. This lack's still alive.
>>
>> Cinelerra and Kdenlive are video editor. They have video effect, very
>> powerfull, but there is no comparison to jahshaka, which is really more
>> powerfull for this kind of tools.
>>
>> Laurent,

Hi Tommy
> You can install Jahshaka under Wine, but if it is stable work with I
> don't know.

Install is ok, the software doesn't work because for producing special
effects, you need 3D OpenGL acceleration which is not completely
supported by wine. The software is working but you can't product
anything !!!

windows XP pro + jahshaka

or

Ubuntu Dapper + Jahshaka

Laurent

"Aditia A. Pratama" 12-29-2009 01:36 AM

How to Create Movie Special Effects ???

well no option for karmic it seems...fiuuh !thanks for sharing guys...^_^

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:04 PM, laurent.bellegarde <laurent.bellegarde@free.fr> wrote:

Tommy Hjalmarsson a écrit :

> laurent.bellegarde wrote:

>> Hi All,

>> Happy new year.

>> There is only one software close to jahshaka that can allow you to

>> create special effect, it's Blender. Using Blender to create special

>> effect is more difficult that using jahshaka. To use Jahshaka, the only

>> way is to have windows XP pro, under this release, jahshaka is working

>> (not under 98, 2000, NT, Vista), and under Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 only.

>> The project is dead, but the source code, if it was well packaged could

>> help the multimedia editing free chain to be complete.

>> There is a large lack in free software face to adobe after effect, but

>> since 3 years, I'ven't found any packager to create a Jahshaka package

>> of the 2.0 release for hardy/and last ubuntu. I'm not enough good in

>> compiling and packaging to create it myself. This lack's still alive.

>> Cinelerra and Kdenlive are video editor. They have video effect, very

>> powerfull, but there is no comparison to jahshaka, which is really more

>> powerfull for this kind of tools.

>> Laurent,

Hi Tommy

mac 12-29-2009 11:33 AM

On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 10:36 +0800, Aditia A. Pratama wrote:
> well no option for karmic it seems...fiuuh !
> thanks for sharing guys...^_^

Just to ad my $.02...

Blender has a huge feature set and takes a while to learn. I've been
using it for a year now and still have much to learn.

But, it is well worth the effort.

Regards,
Mac

Ricardo Lameiro 12-29-2009 06:11 PM

How to Create Movie Special Effects ???

make a Virtualbox machine and install dapper (ubuntu 6.06)

You have a free solution here

2009/12/29 mac <suemac@empire.net>

On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 10:36 +0800, Aditia A. Pratama wrote:

> well no option for karmic it seems...fiuuh !

> thanks for sharing guys...^_^

Just to ad my $.02...

Blender has a huge feature set and takes a while to learn. I've been

using it for a year now and still have much to learn.

But, it is well worth the effort.

Regards,

Mac

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro

"Aditia A. Pratama" 12-29-2009 11:24 PM

How to Create Movie Special Effects ???

Yeah, I also try blender right now. I read that it can use for compositing some effect, and the sequence mode that*similar*to other non-linear video editor, wow...this blender is very awesome...but it takes time to learn the UI...hehehe

virtual machine...great Idea, I'll try virtualbox then...and ubuntu dapper...hmm, it's kinda old fashioned ubuntu, LOL
Thanks guys.

"laurent.bellegarde" 12-30-2009 07:29 AM

Ricardo Lameiro a écrit :
> make a Virtualbox machine and install dapper (ubuntu 6.06)
>
> You have a free solution here

Hi all,

this the solution i'm working with to use jahshaka.

Laurent

Gustin Johnson 01-12-2010 12:22 AM

How to Create Movie Special Effects ???