Old 12-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Scott Lavender

Default LV2 packages for Karmic (Teza requested)

Several lv2 packages are available for Karmic in my PPA now, including
zynjacku and lv2rack.

To add my PPA as a repository-

Quick method:
ppa:slavender/karmic

More laborious:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/slavender/karmic/ubuntu karmic main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/slavender/karmic/ubuntu karmic main

and signing key
1024R/0020F80E

They appear to work as I started each application and inserted various
effects but did not run any sound through them. I would be very
interested to hear any reports of success or failure using these.

Also it should be noted that these do not include desktop icons or menu
entries at this point. To be honest, I don't know how to add them yet
when building the application. I have run them from the terminal.

Regards,
Scott

Old 12-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Kenneth Koym

Scott, Teza / Anyone:
being a noobie to Ubu Stu 9.10 Karmic, in fact to producing basic results, I'm missing where you're going. Not that I need this; for one like me, is there a good way you'd recommend how I could get past go?

Kenneth

Old 12-25-2009, 09:00 PM
teza

Hi Kenneth, what would you like to do? If you want to record music,
start by learning how to use jack server, and how to connect softs
beetween them, how to use effects ect.
Just tell us more. If I can help, it will be a pleasure.
Regards from Paris.
Teza

Old 12-26-2009, 03:39 AM
Kenneth Koym

Teza, I'd like to produce DVDs, turning raw footage coupled with non-profit entities I run into productions that sell members on what we do; just real basic, i.e.,
my neighborhood association wishes to stop a gravel pit operator from destroying property values, creating dust, destroying water holding capability of the 2,000 acres next to public schools, a housing edition
dialoguemakers.org wants to do better recruiting of mentors for peacemaking & helping local youth.
need to cut chaff from footage ripped to my HD, dub, connect & convey message.

Kenneth *