Old 01-05-2008, 02:14 PM
"Scott Lavender"

Default Informative Ubuntu Studio Thread

I am a big fan of Studio Dave. *If you don’t know about him, I
believe he is a professional musician and you should definitely read some of
his articles and blogs. *I believe you can find his most current
articles, etc at Linux Journal online:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/user/800764/track

*

One of his articles talked about a good thread at the Reaper
forums about someone’s experience (another professional musician) in
setting up and running Ubuntu Studio (yeah, I know, a
US thread at a Reaper forum…heh).

*

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15238

*

It is a long thread but extremely informative as it talks
about how to compile, install, configure, and/or run various programs under Ubuntu Studio such as:

*

**** * Jack – also mentions
adjusting the priority and setting “soft mode”

****
* Jackdmp

**** * Wineasio

****
* Wine

****
* Reaper

****
* VST/VSTi plugins

****
* Line 6 POD

****
* Qsampler/Linuxsampler

****
* mscore 0.80 –
they got it to compile with help from the dev

****
* Fantasia

****
* JackMidi

****
* LASH – just starting to talk about it

*

It appears to be an ongoing thread so I would expect more
information and topics to keep appearing.

*

I hope others find this useful.

*

Regards,