Old 12-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Ales Kozumplik

Default Enable IPv6 GUI in loader

Hi,

Even though the Network Manager is not quite ready for IPv6 support as
anaconda needs it yet, I decided to go ahead with enabling the GUI so
the code is present in the rhel6 branch after the rebase. IPv6 support
needs to be in rhel6 either way and waiting for the last minute for NM
to be ready would just add lots of last minute changes from me too.
That's unpleasant and risky.

The first patch enables the #ifdefed pieces and does necessary changes
so the code compiles. The second one deals with two bugs that occur in
the (new) manual network configuration window.

Looking forward to your comments.

Ales

Old 12-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Jeremy Katz

Enabling code that's not actually doing anything yet is just going to
lead to confusion and bugs. And when the NetworkManager code exists,
it's not like it's not going to require any other changes for it to
work so the anaconda changes should just be committed then imho

- Jeremy