-   -   mastering (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/292880-mastering.html)

Karlheinz Noise 12-09-2009 05:19 PM

mastering

> You really should check-out Ardour. It can do all this and more and> despite the myths that are stalking the net it offers a friendly,> intuitive GUI to do all this as easy as possible for such a complicated> task.
I'll try Ardour, but it might be a bit too complicated for this particular task. (I keep mixing and mastering completely separate.) Still, if it gets the job done...
It would be nice if you could do this in Audacity, since it's pretty good for two-track editing. Oh, well. Time to file another feature request, I suppose.
-Karlheinz

Tommy yeah 12-09-2009 05:53 PM

mastering

You could mix in Ardour and then route Ardour to Jammin for mastering. I think Jammin is a wonderful mastering suite.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Karlheinz Noise <khzmusik@hotmail.com> wrote:

> You really should check-out Ardour. It can do all this and more and> despite the myths that are stalking the net it offers a friendly,
> intuitive GUI to do all this as easy as possible for such a complicated> task.
I'll try Ardour, but it might be a bit too complicated for this particular task. (I keep mixing and mastering completely separate.) Still, if it gets the job done...

It would be nice if you could do this in Audacity, since it's pretty good for two-track editing. Oh, well. Time to file another feature request, I suppose.
-Karlheinz
_______________________

http://www.khznoise.com

Get gifts for them and cashback for you. Try Bing now.

Sean Corbett 12-09-2009 07:09 PM

mastering

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Tommy yeah <allornothin.tommy@gmail.com> wrote:
> You could mix in Ardour and then route Ardour to Jammin for mastering. I
> think Jammin is a wonderful mastering suite.

What I usually do is mix all my songs separately in their own
sessions, and export them to .wavs -- then I create a new "master"
session, where I import all the .wav files, each into its own track.
This lets me apply different EQ to each song if necessary, and run the
whole thing through JAMin. I also put the "JAMin Controller" LADSPA
plugin on the master bus, to allow me to switch JAMin scenes from
Ardour by adding automation points. Then I put CD markers along the
master session timeline, export, and burn to disc with GnomeCDMaster
(or cdrdao). It's a nice workflow, it's too bad there's not more info
out there about using it. Here's one place with some more info:
http://www.64studio.com/howto-mastering

--
Sean Corbett