FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Studio User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-09-2009, 02:13 PM
 
Default Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 32, Issue 12

someone in ubuntu this is 5 email I would like to know how to connect a
yamaha dx 9 and cakewalk um 1g keyboard usb and get access the apps in
ubuntu Nobody has given me an answer Thanks for caring someone pls the
app is great (ubuntu) but not unless I can use mykeyioboard thanks and
if you dont anwer in here pls contact me at this email addy
bscullion@rogers.com
----- Original Message -----
From: <ubuntu-studio-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com>
To: <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 6:51 AM
Subject: Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 32, Issue 12


> Send Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list submissions to
> ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> ubuntu-studio-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> ubuntu-studio-users-owner@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Ubuntu-Studio-users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Re: [LAU] presonus firepod problems (Hartmut Noack)
> 2. Re: [LAU] presonus firepod problems (Iain Duncan)
> 3. Re: Dssi-Vst and Ubuntu Studio (teza)
> 4. Re: disabling pulse audio in 9.10? (Oleg Ivanenko)
> 5. Re: Dssi-Vst and Ubuntu Studio (Gerhard Lang)
> 6. Re: [LAU] presonus firepod problems (Brian David)
> 7. Re: Dssi-Vst and Ubuntu Studio (teza)
> 8. "Introduction to Ardour" FLOSS Manual now online (mark)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 21:13:56 +0100
> From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@linuxuse.de>
> Subject: Re: [LAU] presonus firepod problems
> To: Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com>
> Cc: linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org, Ubuntu Studio Users Help
> and Discussion <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <4B1EB384.1070509@linuxuse.de>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Iain Duncan schrieb:
>> Hi folks, apologies for cross post, not sure where is best bet. I have a
>> Presonus Firepod, and have just setup Ubuntu studio 9.10 on a gigabyte
>> p55
>> mobo. I have had no luck getting my firepod working yet and am starting
>> to
>> wonder if it's the firepod itself. Can anyone tell me what exactly is
>> supposed to happen with one when you plug it in and turn it on? On my
>> mac,
>> the light would turn blue. When I turn it on now, the light turns blue
>> during power up, then goes back to red, with a brief blue blink. I don't
>> see
>> any entry in /dev for /dev/raw1394.
>>
>> Any tips on diagnosing this much appreciated!
>
> You need to start jackd with the firewire-driver it is easy with qjackctl.
> Check with UbuntuStudiocontrol that you have firewire (IEEE1394)
> accessable for group audio.
> The firepod is well supported, once jackd is running, you`ll see the
> blue light again ;-)
>
>>
>> thanks
>> iain
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Linux-audio-user mailing list
>> Linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org
>> http://lists.linuxaudio.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-audio-user
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAkses4QACgkQ1Aecwva1SWPCLQCfSl8R7ophvE zGIYhLgXlo7iBM
> ykEAnA/VzSvFqMcx51HdzrHob923eQUa
> =OBJR
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 12:30:32 -0800
> From: Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [LAU] presonus firepod problems
> To: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@linuxuse.de>
> Cc: linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org, Ubuntu Studio Users Help
> and Discussion <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID:
> <636ce6160912081230g32e674d0s89a3d20ca81d6b34@mail .gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Thanks Harmut! A few questions:
>
> - so the blue light will not turn blue again until jack is running with
> freebob?
> - should /dev/raw1394 appear as soon as I turn it on/plug it in? ( It's
> not
> doing that, though it appears if I modprobe raw1394 )
> - is the firewire driver freebob or FFADO?
> - where is this ub
>
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Hartmut Noack
> <zettberlin@linuxuse.de>wrote:
>
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>>
>> Iain Duncan schrieb:
>> > Hi folks, apologies for cross post, not sure where is best bet. I have
>> > a
>> > Presonus Firepod, and have just setup Ubuntu studio 9.10 on a gigabyte
>> p55
>> > mobo. I have had no luck getting my firepod working yet and am starting
>> to
>> > wonder if it's the firepod itself. Can anyone tell me what exactly is
>> > supposed to happen with one when you plug it in and turn it on? On my
>> mac,
>> > the light would turn blue. When I turn it on now, the light turns blue
>> > during power up, then goes back to red, with a brief blue blink. I
>> > don't
>> see
>> > any entry in /dev for /dev/raw1394.
>> >
>> > Any tips on diagnosing this much appreciated!
>>
>> You need to start jackd with the firewire-driver it is easy with
>> qjackctl.
>> Check with UbuntuStudiocontrol that you have firewire (IEEE1394)
>> accessable for group audio.
>> The firepod is well supported, once jackd is running, you`ll see the
>> blue light again ;-)
>>
>> >
>> > thanks
>> > iain
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Linux-audio-user mailing list
>> > Linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org
>> > http://lists.linuxaudio.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-audio-user
>>
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
>> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>>
>> iEYEARECAAYFAkses4QACgkQ1Aecwva1SWPCLQCfSl8R7ophvE zGIYhLgXlo7iBM
>> ykEAnA/VzSvFqMcx51HdzrHob923eQUa
>> =OBJR
>> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/attachments/20091208/b46e873d/attachment-0001.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 21:49:28 +0100
> From: teza <tsaliou75@orange.fr>
> Subject: Re: Dssi-Vst and Ubuntu Studio
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <1260305368.1910.7.camel@UbuntuStudio>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> Hi brian it is not hard to use vst, even live I've done it during the
> Ubuntu Party in Paris last week. When you have compil ddsi-vst,run jack,
> open a terminal, vsthost and your vst, that will connect straight away
> in jack.
> Regards
> Teza
>
> :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::
> ;Le mardi 08 d?cembre 2009 ? 09:50 -0600, Brian David a ?crit :
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 6:30 AM, teza <tsaliou75@orange.fr> wrote:
>> Hi all, I was wondering about the fact that we can find somme
>> free vst
>> plugins on the web, why the UbuntuStudio tean does not include
>> dssi-vst
>> package in the Os as a standard.
>> Regards
>> Teza
>>
>>
>> I don't have an answer for your specific question, Teza, but I am
>> wondering: are there actually a lot of people on this list using VSTs
>> with Linux? Because I was under the impression that this was very
>> hard to do, and did not work well even in the best of cases.
>> --
>> -Brian David
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 00:11:58 +0300
> From: Oleg Ivanenko <oivanenko@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: disabling pulse audio in 9.10?
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID:
> <27fcd4c70912081311w39e504f1g11c254013cf5babf@mail .gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Hi, Iain!
>
> I tried both way simultaneously, so can't affirm for certain, but,
> yes, I believe that xfce is not using pulseadio. May be somebody
> correct me.
>
>
> 2009/12/8 Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com>:
>> Thanks, I was going to switch to xfce actually, thought I'll keep gnome
>> on
>> there too for ohter purposes. Does the pulse daemon just plain not get
>> used
>> by xfce?
>> thanks
>> Iain
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Oleg Ivanenko <oivanenko@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, Iain!
>>>
>>> My setup
>>>
>>> 1. Switch off /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/plugins/sound/active in
>>> gconf-editor
>>>
>>> 2. Switch off Gnome sounding at all in gnome-volume-control(I believe
>>> so)
>>>
>>> 3. Create file ~/.pulse/client.conf consists of
>>> autospawn=no
>>>
>>> 4. killall -KILL pulseaudio
>>>
>>> 5. start jackd with qjackctl
>>>
>>> Alternative way: install xubuntu over ubuntustudio and use xfce
>>> instead Gnome ))
>>>
>>>
>>> 2009/12/8 Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com>:
>>> > Hey folks, wondering if anyone knows what would be different for
>>> > disabling
>>> > pulseaudio for 9.10. I've managed to get it so it doesn't restart,
>>> > following
>>> > these:
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > http://idyllictux.wordpress.com/2009/04/21/ubuntu-904-jaunty-keeping-the-beast-pulseaudio-at-bay/
>>> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1348604
>>> >
>>> > But it's still running on startup even though I removed all the
>>> > runlevels
>>> > using sysv-rc-conf
>>> >
>>> > Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or the above are just out of
>>> > date,
>>> > any
>>> > help appreciated. I'd like it be a strictly jack on alsa setup.
>>> >
>>> > Thanks!
>>> > Iain
>>> >
>>> > --
>>> > Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
>>> > Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>>> > Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>>> >
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Truly yours, Oleg Ivanenko aka Ash
>>> [if it wasn't so sad, it would be funny]
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
>>> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>>
>>
>> --
>> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
>> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Truly yours, Oleg Ivanenko aka Ash
> [if it wasn't so sad, it would be funny]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 23:58:53 +0100
> From: Gerhard Lang <lang.gerhard@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Dssi-Vst and Ubuntu Studio
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <4B1EDA2D.6070202@gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
>
>
> teza schrieb:
>> Hi all, I was wondering about the fact that we can find somme free vst
>> plugins on the web, why the UbuntuStudio tean does not include dssi-vst
>> package in the Os as a standard.
>> Regards
>> Teza
>>
> My first attempts compiling dssi-vsti had not been really successful.
> The vst integration into lmms had only very basal functions and no
> working user interfaces. So I gave up and up to now I run the vst-hosts
> as well as my commercial korg and a lot of free plugins in wine. I
> connect and combine them over wineasio in jack with genuine linux
> applications i.e. ardour, hydrogen, linuxsampler, rackarrack, zynadd....
> My favorite "vsti-hosts" are reaper - I abuse it just for this - and a
> windows freeware named vsthost by herman seib
> http://www.hermannseib.com/vsthost.htm Those settings run tolerably even
> for live performance, but maybe I should give dssi-vst a try again. Does
> dssi-vst give you full access to vsti's midi controls, menues, presets
> and guis? Is dssi-vst ready for this? Has Steinberg made it's Asio stuff
> opensource? Or is there a way to run these dlls without using
> proprietary code?
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 20:55:53 -0600
> From: Brian David <beejunk@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [LAU] presonus firepod problems
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID:
> <1dfe593b0912081855o6aa60a6fxe863c94eb1be0588@mail .gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Iain Duncan
> <iainduncanlists@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks Harmut! A few questions:
>>
>> - so the blue light will not turn blue again until jack is running with
>> freebob?
>> - should /dev/raw1394 appear as soon as I turn it on/plug it in? ( It's
>> not
>> doing that, though it appears if I modprobe raw1394 )
>> - is the firewire driver freebob or FFADO?
>> - where is this ub
>>
>>
> -Yes, the light will not turn blue until the Firepod is connected to JACK.
> -/dev/raw1394 SHOULD appear as soon as you turn the Firepod on. If it
> does
> not, then something has gone awry.
> -The 'firewire' drive is FFADO. Freebob is. . . well, freebob.
> -Not sure exactly what your last question is, but if you were going to ask
> where Studio Controls is, then it should be under System > Administration.
>
>
> --
> -Brian David
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/attachments/20091208/25c3af7b/attachment-0001.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 12:23:10 +0100
> From: teza <tsaliou75@orange.fr>
> Subject: Re: Dssi-Vst and Ubuntu Studio
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <1260357790.3712.13.camel@UbuntuStudio>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> Hi, when you run dssi-vst, actually vsthost in a terminal, you've got
> full access to the pluging even the the gui if the plugin got one, for
> exemple I can run "Amplitube" with vsthost. for the compil there's no
> troubles at all under Hardy, but there's a bug with Karmic, which can be
> fix like this
>
> http://www.linuxmao.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Wine_Wrappers&structure=Wine%20et%2 0les%20VST
> Regards
> Teza
>
>
> /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
> Le mardi 08 d?cembre 2009 ? 23:58 +0100, Gerhard Lang a ?crit :
>>
>> teza schrieb:
>> > Hi all, I was wondering about the fact that we can find somme free vst
>> > plugins on the web, why the UbuntuStudio tean does not include dssi-vst
>> > package in the Os as a standard.
>> > Regards
>> > Teza
>> >
>> My first attempts compiling dssi-vsti had not been really successful.
>> The vst integration into lmms had only very basal functions and no
>> working user interfaces. So I gave up and up to now I run the vst-hosts
>> as well as my commercial korg and a lot of free plugins in wine. I
>> connect and combine them over wineasio in jack with genuine linux
>> applications i.e. ardour, hydrogen, linuxsampler, rackarrack, zynadd....
>> My favorite "vsti-hosts" are reaper - I abuse it just for this - and a
>> windows freeware named vsthost by herman seib
>> http://www.hermannseib.com/vsthost.htm Those settings run tolerably even
>> for live performance, but maybe I should give dssi-vst a try again. Does
>> dssi-vst give you full access to vsti's midi controls, menues, presets
>> and guis? Is dssi-vst ready for this? Has Steinberg made it's Asio stuff
>> opensource? Or is there a way to run these dlls without using
>> proprietary code?
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 11:51:11 +0000
> From: mark <mark@aktivix.org>
> Subject: "Introduction to Ardour" FLOSS Manual now online
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <4B1F8F2F.7070800@aktivix.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> This press release describes a resource of interest to those of us
> getting to grips with Ardour:
>
>
> Wednesday 09 December 2009
>
> "Introduction to Ardour" FLOSS Manual now online
>
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/
>
> Ardour is a full-featured, free and open-source hard disk recorder and
> digital audio workstation program suitable for professional use. It
> features unlimited audio tracks and buses, non-destructive, non-linear
> editing with unlimited undo, and anything-to-anywhere signal routing. It
> supports standard file formats, such as BWF, WAV, WAV64, AIFF and CAF,
> and it can use LADSPA, LV2, VST and AudioUnit plugin formats.
>
> The "Introduction to Ardour" FLOSS Manual is a free (gratis/libre)
> tutorial-style book, which introduces the program without expecting a
> vast knowledge of computers or sound editing from the reader. This FLOSS
> Manual was largely written by workshop participants learning the
> software themselves, over a one week period during a session led by
> Derek Holzer at the moddr_lab/WORM in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
>
> This FLOSS Manual can be read online at:
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/
>
> Non-profit, print-on-demand paper copies can be ordered from Lulu.com
> soon. Please check back with the main FLOSS Manuals page in several days
> for ordering information:
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/
>
> The manual is free to use, distribute and remix according to the GNU
> General Public License. FLOSS Manuals volunteers are currently working
> on French and Portuguese translations, and anyone is free to add
> contributions and edits for future versions of the manual at
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Ardour/WebHome
>
> Thanks to Adam Hyde, Walter Langelaar, the workshop participants in
> Rotterdam as well as those who helped online from the FLOSS Manuals,
> Ardour and Linux Audio communities, and to all the folks at the
> moddr_lab and WORM!
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: signature.asc
> Type: application/pgp-signature
> Size: 261 bytes
> Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
> Url :
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/attachments/20091209/d1768258/attachment.pgp
>
> ------------------------------
>
> --
> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>
>
> End of Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 32, Issue 12
> ************************************************** *


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:51 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org