-   -   presonus firepod problems (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/292533-presonus-firepod-problems.html)

Brian David 12-09-2009 01:55 AM

presonus firepod problems

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Harmut! A few questions:
- so the blue light will not turn blue again until jack is running with freebob?- should /dev/raw1394 appear as soon as I turn it on/plug it in? ( It's not doing that, though it appears if I modprobe raw1394 )

- is the firewire driver freebob or FFADO?- where is this ub

-Yes, the light will not turn blue until the Firepod is connected to JACK.
-/dev/raw1394 SHOULD appear as soon as you turn the Firepod on.* If it does not, then something has gone awry.

-The 'firewire' drive is FFADO.* Freebob is. . . well, freebob.
-Not sure exactly what your last question is, but if you were going to ask where Studio Controls is, then it should be under System > Administration.

--
-Brian David