Old 12-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Iain Duncan

Default presonus firepod problems

Hi folks, apologies for cross post, not sure where is best bet. I have a Presonus Firepod, and have just setup Ubuntu studio 9.10 on a gigabyte p55 mobo. I have had no luck getting my firepod working yet and am starting to wonder if it's the firepod itself. Can anyone tell me what exactly is supposed to happen with one when you plug it in and turn it on? On my mac, the light would turn blue. When I turn it on now, the light turns blue during power up, then goes back to red, with a brief blue blink. I don't see any entry in /dev for */dev/raw1394.

Any tips on diagnosing this much appreciated!
thanksiain

Old 12-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Hartmut Noack

Old 12-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Iain Duncan

Thanks Harmut! A few questions:
- so the blue light will not turn blue again until jack is running with freebob?- should /dev/raw1394 appear as soon as I turn it on/plug it in? ( It's not doing that, though it appears if I modprobe raw1394 )

- is the firewire driver freebob or FFADO?- where is this ub

> Hi folks, apologies for cross post, not sure where is best bet. I have a

> Presonus Firepod, and have just setup Ubuntu studio 9.10 on a gigabyte p55

> mobo. I have had no luck getting my firepod working yet and am starting to

> wonder if it's the firepod itself. Can anyone tell me what exactly is

> supposed to happen with one when you plug it in and turn it on? On my mac,

> the light would turn blue. When I turn it on now, the light turns blue

> during power up, then goes back to red, with a brief blue blink. I don't see

> any entry in /dev for */dev/raw1394.

> Any tips on diagnosing this much appreciated!

You need to start jackd with the firewire-driver it is easy with qjackctl.

Check with UbuntuStudiocontrol that you have firewire (IEEE1394)

accessable for group audio.

The firepod is well supported, once jackd is running, you`ll see the

blue light again ;-)