Old 12-07-2009, 04:47 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Default List of Ubuntu Studio packages for making a live DVD ?

Hi all.

With another team, lprod.org team have created a live DVD of Ubuntu
Studio Karmic 32 bits (we can create also a 64 bits example).
I've tested it this morning on a laptop with only windows XP pro on the
hard disk. It's working perfectly.

It could be nice to have this iso available for everyone, but we have a
trouble.

The guy who has created the live DVD has done a great job, but has
introduced severals packages which are very important for video editing
but cause some trouble of licence, as ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer. So this
DVD is very powerfull because you can edit video in live which is very
impressive, but illegal in severals countries. I'm gonna complete my
tests, ardour is also compiled with VST support, and many non free
improvement are live available.

So where can i found the complete official list of ALL the packages free
included in the Ubuntu Studio karmic official DVD install disk to
compare to our beta disk, to create a new one as the official one but
live, without all forbidden packages to allow everyone to download it ?

Is it allowed to create it ?

If not, we can create a lprod.org one, based only on free software
included in Ubuntu Studio, in live and downloadable.

Thank's for answers.

Laurent,
lprod.org

Old 12-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Eric Hedekar

[...]

Hi Laurent,

This is wonderful news, this is a feature request that we get on a regular basis from our users but the dev team is not experienced in the creation of LiveDVDs.* It'd be great if this effort could be moved into the Ubuntu Studio development process so that future releases have live capabilities.* I'm CCing the dev list on this and I hope that the discussion continues there.* Please consider joining that list to facilitate the discussion there.

To answer your question regarding packages, the full list of packages (including dependencies) can be seen at http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=default&section=all&arch=any&searchon =names&keywords=ubuntustudio

- Eric Hedekar

Old 12-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Leo

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 9:47 AM, laurent.bellegarde
<laurent.bellegarde@free.fr> wrote:
> The guy who has created the live DVD has done a great job, but has
> introduced severals packages which are very important for video editing
> but cause some trouble of licence, as ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer. So this
> DVD is very powerfull because you can edit video in live which is very
> impressive, but illegal in severals countries. I'm gonna complete my
> tests, ardour is also compiled with VST support, and many non free
> improvement are live available.

Is there a place to download this live, "full" iso ?
I'd like to teste it, please.

Thanks
Leo

Old 12-07-2009, 11:15 PM
"Aditia A. Pratama"

Wow...really? I wanna test too...
Any link please...LOL

2009/12/8, Leo <leoave@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 9:47 AM, laurent.bellegarde
> <laurent.bellegarde@free.fr> wrote:
>> The guy who has created the live DVD has done a great job, but has
>> introduced severals packages which are very important for video editing
>> but cause some trouble of licence, as ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer. So this
>> DVD is very powerfull because you can edit video in live which is very
>> impressive, but illegal in severals countries. I'm gonna complete my
>> tests, ardour is also compiled with VST support, and many non free
>> improvement are live available.
>>

> Is there a place to download this live, "full" iso ?
> I'd like to teste it, please.
>
> Thanks
> Leo

Dikirim dari perangkat seluler saya

Then which favors of GOD will you deny
As mercy and grace control universe
As everything was made in pairs for balance
As lights always given after darkness
As sins are revealed for us to be avoided