-   -   Help on sound card choise (Vladimir Jagodic) (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/2911-help-sound-card-choise-vladimir-jagodic.html)

Vladimir Jagodic 11-22-2007 12:18 PM

Help on sound card choise (Vladimir Jagodic)

Hi Vedran, thanks for replying.

These are all the PCI devices, right? I was looking for something like
“all in one box solution” to be use with a notebook.

Sorry to bother everybody, I know this issue got nothing to do with
Ubuntu studio in particular, but rather hardware compatibility with
Linux. I just can't find a right info on web, someone that says “OK this
is fine I'm using it and I can get 12 tracks simultaneously with no
problem”. There are a lot of generic response, instead like “this or
that should work”. And before trying and spending money...so, what sound
cards you're using for a real pro job?

Thank you

"Vedran Vucic" 11-22-2007 12:38 PM

Help on sound card choise (Vladimir Jagodic)

there are Digiram cards that are PCMCIA and there should be Hammerfall cards PCMCIA too.

pleasecheck that on Google and I think that you will find something for you.

Delta 1010 is PCI card :(

best wishes,

vedran

Raphaël Doursenaud 11-22-2007 10:57 PM

Help on sound card choise (Vladimir Jagodic)