Old 12-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Robert Klaar

Default Nec Firewire + Edirol fa-66 + Jack

Hi there!
I'm on my new computer and most things work as they should, after a bit of configuration. One thing I haven't got up and running is my edirol fa-66 firewirecard. So; what I have is a "NEC" chip for the firewire, jack and the fa-66. The computer realizes the NEC chip and bus-power is also working. I set jack and my system in general using this guide; https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FireWire and jack starts with the given settings. However, I test it with audacious and nothing happens, it just scrolls through my playlist and there's nothing, nada comming out of my fa-66. I can't help but feel that I've missed a step in all of this, what might be wrong? I don't even know where I should start troubleshooting. :/

...also there's another more general problem; my router overloads at times and on my other computers the network just drops dead, and then commes back when the router's restarted, however; on this one the whole system crashes down, it lags for a bit, then freezes and nothing to do but to restart. If anybody has encountered this problem before help is much apreciated.

//paco

Old 12-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Gerhard Lang

Robert Klaar schrieb:
> However, I test it with audacious and nothing happens, it just
> scrolls through my playlist
install audacious-plugins-extra (synaptic)

Old 12-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Robert Klaar

Nah, audacius works allright, tested with alsa-driver instead of "firewire". Also I run Renoise along with Ardour and neither of them work.