Old 11-30-2009, 07:35 AM
Tom Poe

Default user settings reset possible?

I have glommed up my pulseaudio settings. At the moment, I somehow
stumbled across some combination of settings in whatever audio dialogs I
could find, that enabled me to use Jack to play and record audio on
Audacity. I am running ubuntustudio with ubuntu 8.04. Problem seems to
be these settings now interfere with my system sounds as well as opening
videos from my directory folders (e.g., Movie Player, VLC, Mplayer). I
created a second user at one point, and when I log into that user, sound
works for system and opening videos in media players. Can't remember if
Audacity runs with Jack, or not. Anyway, I'd like to reset my user
settings to default. Can that be done?
Tom