Old 11-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Heiko Kokemoor

Default jack + alsa + m-audio fasttrack

hi,

I try to use a m-audio fasttrack pro with jack. I want to use the 2
inputs and the 4 outputs at the same time.

actually I have only been able to start jackd with 2 outputs and nothing
else.

attempt with 2 in and 2 out
alsa switches automatically to playback-mode (no duplex)
sound is good

attempt with 2 in and 4 out
alsa complains: not able to switch to 4-channel
alsa is not starting

I am using the standart debian-kernel 2.6.26 without RT.

heiko

Old 11-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Ricardo Lameiro

Hi.
Apparently, the problem is the alsa driver for your card.
check this websites
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-MAudio

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/M-Audio_FastTrack_Pro

This websites, say that there is a patch for the driver to suport the device. maybe you will need to patch de driver and compile it again.

look at it, and if you have some problems come again.

The best

I try to use a m-audio fasttrack pro with jack. I want to use the 2

inputs and the 4 outputs at the same time.

actually I have only been able to start jackd with 2 outputs and nothing

else.

attempt with 2 in and 2 out

alsa switches automatically to playback-mode (no duplex)

sound is good

attempt with 2 in and 4 out

alsa complains: not able to switch to 4-channel

alsa is not starting

I am using the standart debian-kernel 2.6.26 without RT.

heiko

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro