Old 11-18-2009, 10:20 AM
mr arwin

Default Ubuntu Studio can not detect wireless

Konnichiwa

Hello, everyone. When I am n the hotspot area, the icon on my Ubuntu Studio panel doesn't show that there is wireless signal. I am using netbook acer aspire one.

Thanks so much.

--
www.ewwing.com
www.pokerpapa.com

Old 11-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Erik Rasmussen

I also had trouble with wireless when I installed Ubuntu Studio 9.10.* It seemed like the normal "Network Manager" that had worked fine on plain Ubuntu 9.04 just wasn't working correctly for me.

After installing Wicd Wired and Wirless Network Manager from the normal Add/Remove Applications everything worked again.*

So for me, it seemed like it was just something weird with the default Network Manager that comes with Ubuntu.
Thanks!
-Erik

Old 11-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Cliff Fellows

I have had success with either ndiswrapper or Linuxant's Driverloader with Windows drivers to get mu USB wireless devices to operate. Neither of these options work with the rt kernel. I ended up pulling a network cable to my UStudio computer. Let us know if you find a solution.

Cliff

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Old 11-18-2009, 06:39 PM
mark

> I also had trouble with wireless when I installed Ubuntu Studio 9.10. It seemed like the normal "Network Manager" that had worked fine on plain Ubuntu 9.04 just wasn't working correctly for me.

Network manager isn't installed by default in UbuntuStudio 9.10,
although they are on the DVD. What you need to do after installation is
install gnome-network-manager, then it should be fine.

See this thread:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/2009-October/005476.html

Mark

Old 11-18-2009, 08:25 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

mr arwin a écrit :
> Konnichiwa
>
> Hello, everyone. When I am n the hotspot area, the icon on my Ubuntu
> Studio panel doesn't show that there is wireless signal. I am using
> netbook acer aspire one.
>
> Thanks so much.

Hi all,

I've a got a trouble too with atheros wifi

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5001 Wireless
Network Adapter (rev 01)

which was working fine under UBS jaunty 9.04 and which is on, detected,
but which is unable to connect the wifi hot spot here at home. The bug
appear after karmic alpha 2 and hasn't been modified yet.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11bg ESSID:""
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: Not-Associated
Tx-Power=20 dBm
Retry long limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
Power Managementff
Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0

No solution for me now.

Laurent