Old 11-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Oleg Ivanenko

Default Jack+Alsa(ca0106) in 9.10

Hi, all!

I have an issue with recently installed Ubuntustudio 9.10 with alsa
1.0.20 ca0106 module(SB Live 24bit 7.1) and jack 0.116: jackd
successfully runnig at first trying after boot, but all subsequent
tryings to start jackd ended with:
<cuted qjackctl messages>
JackAudioDriver::ProcessAsync: read error, skip cycle
alsa_driver_xrun_recovery
JackAudioDriver::ProcessAsync: read error, skip cycle
alsa_driver_xrun_recovery
JackAudioDriver::ProcessAsync: read error, skip cycle
alsa_driver_xrun_recovery
20:53:51.854 JACK is stopping...
jack main caught signal 15
alsa_driver_xrun_recovery
JackAudioDriver::ProcessAsync: read error, skip cycle
WARNING: 1 message buffer overruns!
20:53:51.881 JACK was stopped with exit status=1.
20:53:51.882 Post-shutdown script...
20:53:51.885 killall jackd
jackd: no process found
20:53:52.313 Post-shutdown script terminated with exit status=256.

This ca0106 soundcard faultlessly worked under my previous ASPLinux 12

Inspite of jack failures and just after it, mplayer successfully
playing sounds with that soundcard. I should reboot for normal and
singular jackd starting.

I have another(onboard) soundcards apart from ca0106 and it always
working fine. I mean I can start and stop jackd without troubles.

I downloaded jack2 1.9.3 but issue still present.

Additional info, my account in audio group audio and /etc/security/limits.conf:
@audio - rtprio 99
@audio - memlock unlimited

pulseaudio switched off

Can anybody help me with this trouble, please?

--
Truly yours, Oleg Ivanenko aka Ash
[if it wasn't so sad, it would be funny]

Old 11-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Luke Yelavich

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:45:16PM CST, Oleg Ivanenko wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> I have an issue with recently installed Ubuntustudio 9.10 with alsa
> 1.0.20 ca0106 module(SB Live 24bit 7.1) and jack 0.116: jackd
> successfully runnig at first trying after boot, but all subsequent
> tryings to start jackd ended with:
<Snip>

I have an X-Fi card with this chipset at home, however its in a slow box atm. I'll move the card to my primary desktop machine to see if I get similar behavior. this will have to wait till next week at the earliest, as I am currently away and won't be returning til Monda.

Luke