-   -   Failed at "Select and Install Software" (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/281876-failed-select-install-software.html)

11-17-2009 04:15 PM

On Nov 17, 2009 8:27am, mr arwin <arwindmn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I check list all the software for Ubuntu Studio but when in
>
> progress until 80% It stopped (failed). I boot it via USB.
>

> So, what I should do to fix it?
>
> Can I install them via pool folder? How?
>

> Thanks.

The first thing I'd ask is if you are connected to the internet via a land line while you install. My experience is that you are asking for trouble if you install Ubuntu Studio without being connected to the internet. In particular, I think Karmic will not be able to install MS Core Fonts without an active connection and will give you this error.

If you don't care to do a fresh install, you should be able to re-install the Ubuntu Studio meta-packages (ubuntustudio-graphics, ubuntustudio-video, whatever the fonts package is called, etc) in Synaptic to get the software that you're missing. This is assuming the core system and GNOME have been installed correctly.--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Eric Hedekar 11-17-2009 05:13 PM

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:15 AM, <beejunk@gmail.com> wrote:

On Nov 17, 2009 8:27am, mr arwin <arwindmn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I check list all the software for Ubuntu Studio but when in
>

> progress until 80% It stopped (failed). I boot it via USB.
>

> So, what I should do to fix it?
>
> Can I install them via pool folder? How?
>

> Thanks.

The first thing I'd ask is if you are connected to the internet via a land line while you install. My experience is that you are asking for trouble if you install Ubuntu Studio without being connected to the internet. In particular, I think Karmic will not be able to install MS Core Fonts without an active connection and will give you this error.

If you don't care to do a fresh install, you should be able to re-install the Ubuntu Studio meta-packages (ubuntustudio-graphics, ubuntustudio-video, whatever the fonts package is called, etc) in Synaptic to get the software that you're missing. This is assuming the core system and GNOME have been installed correctly.

Karmic actually needs to be connected to the internet for the ubuntustudio-audio package to install properly.* The other packages should install just fine without the internet. This is because of the ttf-mscorefonts-installer package that lmms-vst indirectly requires.* For info on this, including workaround methods, please read this post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8264172#post8264172

-Eric Hedekar