-   -   digital crossover and equalizer hifi setup (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/281778-digital-crossover-equalizer-hifi-setup.html)

Heiko Kokemoor 11-17-2009 01:48 PM

digital crossover and equalizer hifi setup

Hi,

I want to to use a PC as a part of my hifi-equipment.

2-way crossover and equalizer

My goal is to fully activate my open buffle loudspeakers, the equalizer
is needed for the subwoofer.

Could this job be done with Ubuntu Studio in a, hm, easy way?
I have read about brutefir, but I have problems with routing etc.

I don't expect an easy how-to (even I would like to have :-)), more a
hint, which software I should take some looks on.

regards

mark 11-17-2009 02:22 PM

digital crossover and equalizer hifi setup

Hi

Heiko Kokemoor wrote:
> 2-way crossover and equalizer
>
> Could this job be done with Ubuntu Studio in a, hm, easy way?

Have a look at the Calf plugins for Jack. Routing is easy (using
qjackctl) and the filters are well-organised, with a nice graphical
interface.

You will need hardware with two stereo DAC outputs if you want to
implement this, and jack needs to be configured to see them.

Good luck,
Mark

Heiko Kokemoor 11-17-2009 06:34 PM

digital crossover and equalizer hifi setup

> You will need hardware with two stereo DAC outputs if you want to
> implement this, and jack needs to be configured to see them.

one good news, I had been able to connect amarok to jackd. :-) (two
channel output)

and here I am: configuring jack

cat /proc/asound/cards shows me my card,
FastTrack Pro

in the setup in qjackctl I can choose this card, but only with 2 ins and
2 outs, otherwise jackd will not even start.
alsa seems not even to accept the 2 ins, a message says:

ALSA: Cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm for capture. Falling back to
playback-only mode

I tried 4 channel playback without inputs, jackd will not start (ALSA:
cannot set channel count to 4 for playback)

under Windows I had been able to use 4 channel output (ASIO), so it must
be my fault at some point.

any sugestions?

heiko