FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Studio User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
mr arwin
 
Default Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 31, Issue 17

Where I can install graphic package of Ubuntu Studio? Thanks.

On 11/16/09, ubuntu-studio-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
<ubuntu-studio-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Send Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list submissions to
> ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> ubuntu-studio-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> ubuntu-studio-users-owner@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Ubuntu-Studio-users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. need explanations about ext4 (laurent.bellegarde)
> 2. Re: Dual arch Ubuntu Studio disks (aYo Binitie)
> 3. Re: Dual arch Ubuntu Studio disks (Tommy Hjalmarsson)
> 4. Re: Availability of Ardour 2.8.4 on Ubuntu Studio? (Hartmut Noack)
> 5. Re: Dual arch Ubuntu Studio disks (aYo Binitie)
> 6. (mr arwin)
> 7. First Time Installing Ubuntu Studio (mr arwin)
> 8. Re: (teza)
> 9. Re: Availability of Ardour 2.8.4 on Ubuntu Studio? (teza)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:40:46 +0100
> From: "laurent.bellegarde" <laurent.bellegarde@free.fr>
> Subject: need explanations about ext4
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <4B01100E.8040102@free.fr>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Hi all,
>
> In few days i'm gonna make an official demonstration of UBS karmic in Paris.
>
> I have a question about ext4.
>
> My karmic is running in ext4 partition. My hardy UBS is running in ext3,
> and my data partition is in ext3
>
> In few words, what's the main interest to have an ext4 partition under
> UBS face to ext3 ? Does it improved performances or stability ?
>
> I've notice, that coming from hardy UBS, i can't write anything in
> karmic ext4 partition...
>
> Many thanks for explanations,
>
> Laurent
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:35:57 +0000
> From: aYo Binitie <ayobinitie@googlemail.com>
> Subject: Re: Dual arch Ubuntu Studio disks
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID:
> <9e76ef6c0911160235q5719c17ale77b115619e51f07@mail .gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The Ubuntu Studio project is considering creating a single, dual-arch
>> (32/64bit) ISO image for Lucid Lynx.
>>
>> Please vote and express any concerns necessary on the forums.
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1327714
>>
>>
>> -Cory K.
>>
>> --
>> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
>> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>>
>
> I'm sorry I do not understand - what does this mean? How does this affect
> the system? Does it improve things?
> aYo
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/attachments/20091116/42ded5e8/attachment-0001.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:04:30 +0100
> From: Tommy Hjalmarsson <tommy.h@bredband.net>
> Subject: Re: Dual arch Ubuntu Studio disks
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <4B0131BE.9050408@bredband.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> aYo Binitie wrote:
>>
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm@gmail.com
>> <mailto:coryisatm@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> The Ubuntu Studio project is considering creating a single, dual-arch
>> (32/64bit) ISO image for Lucid Lynx.
>>
>> Please vote and express any concerns necessary on the forums.
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1327714
>>
>>
>> -Cory K.
>>
>> --
>> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
>> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>>
>>
>> I'm sorry I do not understand - what does this mean? How does this
>> affect the system? Does it improve things?
>> aYo
> Saving time for the developer theme. System, hardly nothing but saved
> time is time to put on the system.
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/attachments/20091116/0486c1d6/attachment-0001.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:44:51 +0100
> From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@linuxuse.de>
> Subject: Re: Availability of Ardour 2.8.4 on Ubuntu Studio?
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <4B013B33.8070903@linuxuse.de>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Erik Rasmussen schrieb:
>> In Ubuntu Studio, what is the upgrade frequency for key apps like Ardour?
>> I
>> see that Ardour 2.8.4 was just released, but it looks like Ardour 2.8.2 is
>> the latest version available through Ubuntu Studio. Is there anyone using
>> Ardour 2.8.4 on Ubuntu Studio 9.10?
>
> I built it from SVN - works very well with Ubuntu Studio 9.10 -
> dev-packages installed with synaptic.
>
>>
>> While I'm asking these questions I might also ask if anyone has tried or
>> is
>> using Ardour 3.x on Ubuntu Studio? If anyone is using Ardour 3.x on
>> Ubuntu
>
> built it from SVN too (see above)
>
>
>> Studio, how does it work for you?
>
> as an early pre-alpha version is supposed to work I guess ;-)
>
>>
>> Thanks!
>> -Erik
>>
>>
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAksBOzMACgkQ1Aecwva1SWOorACeOcs00fZupT Ett54qRVc8XzAE
> j20An2hOwPIUV4D1LigFxYHV96VwTy2C
> =McfL
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:22:58 +0000
> From: aYo Binitie <ayobinitie@googlemail.com>
> Subject: Re: Dual arch Ubuntu Studio disks
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID:
> <9e76ef6c0911160522t70b2ef35rb1619841a56a6a52@mail .gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Tommy Hjalmarsson
> <tommy.h@bredband.net>wrote:
>
>> aYo Binitie wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The Ubuntu Studio project is considering creating a single, dual-arch
>>> (32/64bit) ISO image for Lucid Lynx.
>>>
>>> Please vote and express any concerns necessary on the forums.
>>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1327714
>>>
>>>
>>> -Cory K.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
>>> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>>>
>>
>> I'm sorry I do not understand - what does this mean? How does this affect
>> the system? Does it improve things?
>> aYo
>>
>> Saving time for the developer theme. System, hardly nothing but saved time
>> is time to put on the system.
>>
>> --
>> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
>> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>>
>> I see, thanks
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/attachments/20091116/4b0cf699/attachment-0001.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:53:21 +0800
> From: mr arwin <arwindmn@gmail.com>
> To: ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Message-ID:
> <4f52548b0911160553u5f3bece8q170b54ed922fdbe4@mail .gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Hello everyone. So sorry if my English sounds poor
>
> Yup, I am so happy today because I just installed Ubuntu Studio on my
> notebook. It looks so beautiful. More beatiful than my girfriend lol.
>
> Actually, I am new user of Ubuntu Studio. I have one question: After
> installing Ubuntu Studio why there is no aplication such gimp,
> inkscape etc, did I miss install component? Please, reply recommended
> step by step how to install Ubuntu Studio. Thank you
>
>
> --
> www.ewwing.com
> www.pokerpapa.com
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:53:43 +0800
> From: mr arwin <arwindmn@gmail.com>
> Subject: First Time Installing Ubuntu Studio
> To: ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Message-ID:
> <4f52548b0911160553l48468818u5834849974e8d1ad@mail .gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Hello everyone. So sorry if my English sounds poor
>
> Yup, I am so happy today because I just installed Ubuntu Studio on my
> notebook. It looks so beautiful. More beatiful than my girfriend lol.
>
> Actually, I am new user of Ubuntu Studio. I have one question: After
> installing Ubuntu Studio why there is no aplication such gimp,
> inkscape etc, did I miss install component? Please, reply recommended
> step by step how to install Ubuntu Studio. Thank you
>
>
> --
> www.ewwing.com
> www.pokerpapa.com
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:59:48 +0100
> From: teza <tsaliou75@orange.fr>
> Subject: Re:
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <1258379988.691.3.camel@ubuntustudio>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> Hi, you should install Ubuntu studio graphic package and you will have
> all you need. You probably forgot at the step, when choose what to
> install.
> Regards
> Teza from Paris
>
>
>
> .................................................. ............
> Le lundi 16 novembre 2009 ? 21:53 +0800, mr arwin a ?crit :
>> Hello everyone. So sorry if my English sounds poor
>>
>> Yup, I am so happy today because I just installed Ubuntu Studio on my
>> notebook. It looks so beautiful. More beatiful than my girfriend lol.
>>
>> Actually, I am new user of Ubuntu Studio. I have one question: After
>> installing Ubuntu Studio why there is no aplication such gimp,
>> inkscape etc, did I miss install component? Please, reply recommended
>> step by step how to install Ubuntu Studio. Thank you
>>
>>
>> --
>> www.ewwing.com
>> www.pokerpapa.com
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:01:38 +0100
> From: teza <tsaliou75@orange.fr>
> Subject: Re: Availability of Ardour 2.8.4 on Ubuntu Studio?
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <1258380098.691.5.camel@ubuntustudio>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> Hi, could you tell me how you did install Ardour 2.8.4 on Karmic studio
> 9.10.
> thanks
> Regards
> Teza
>
>
> .................................................. ............
> Le lundi 16 novembre 2009 ? 12:44 +0100, Hartmut Noack a ?crit :
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>>
>> Erik Rasmussen schrieb:
>> > In Ubuntu Studio, what is the upgrade frequency for key apps like
>> > Ardour? I
>> > see that Ardour 2.8.4 was just released, but it looks like Ardour 2.8.2
>> > is
>> > the latest version available through Ubuntu Studio. Is there anyone
>> > using
>> > Ardour 2.8.4 on Ubuntu Studio 9.10?
>>
>> I built it from SVN - works very well with Ubuntu Studio 9.10 -
>> dev-packages installed with synaptic.
>>
>> >
>> > While I'm asking these questions I might also ask if anyone has tried or
>> > is
>> > using Ardour 3.x on Ubuntu Studio? If anyone is using Ardour 3.x on
>> > Ubuntu
>>
>> built it from SVN too (see above)
>>
>>
>> > Studio, how does it work for you?
>>
>> as an early pre-alpha version is supposed to work I guess ;-)
>>
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> > -Erik
>> >
>> >
>>
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
>> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>>
>> iEYEARECAAYFAksBOzMACgkQ1Aecwva1SWOorACeOcs00fZupT Ett54qRVc8XzAE
>> j20An2hOwPIUV4D1LigFxYHV96VwTy2C
>> =McfL
>> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> --
> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>
>
> End of Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 31, Issue 17
> ************************************************** *
>


--
www.ewwing.com
www.pokerpapa.com

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:49 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org