Old 11-16-2009, 07:40 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Default need explanations about ext4

Hi all,

In few days i'm gonna make an official demonstration of UBS karmic in Paris.

I have a question about ext4.

My karmic is running in ext4 partition. My hardy UBS is running in ext3,
and my data partition is in ext3

In few words, what's the main interest to have an ext4 partition under
UBS face to ext3 ? Does it improved performances or stability ?

I've notice, that coming from hardy UBS, i can't write anything in
karmic ext4 partition...

Many thanks for explanations,

Laurent

Old 11-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus

Hi Laurent:
You can check this information here:*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4*I think tecnically is very clear, but if u have more questions yet, you can ask punctually all them here. I'm looking your e-mail address and perhaps will be better for u read this one:*http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4.

Good luck and cheers:
Aradnix
_________________________________________*
lutar e vencer!
lluitar i vèncer!
combattre et vaincre!
combattere e vincere!

vechten en overwinnen!
kämpfen und besiegen!
kämpa och besegra!
bojovat a zv*tězit!
walczyć i wygrać!
воевать и выиграть!
戦いに勝つ!
jarraitu eta garaitu!

Old 11-16-2009, 08:18 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus a crit :
> Hi Laurent:
>
> You can check this information
> here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4 I think tecnically is very
> clear, but if u have more questions yet, you can ask punctually all
> them here. I'm looking your e-mail address and perhaps will be better
> for u read this one: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4.
>
> Good luck and cheers:
>
> Aradnix

Hi Aradnix,

I've read the both, the english one is more complete and i've got the
most important thing now in mind to talk about them.

Thanks for the links.

Laurent