Old 11-22-2007, 06:53 AM
Vladimir Jagodic

Default Help on sound card choise

Hello everybody,

I need an advice. I'm looking for a sound card to use with

Ubuntu studio to record my live concert. I would like to record 8 track
from subgroups plus if possible two more tracks separately taking them
from a splitter or direct out from a mixer channel. I've been browsing
through a web but I can't figure out which one to by. I was thinking
about M-audio1814 but it seems that it's not supported. Focusrite
sapphire 26? Did any of you try this one? RME doesn't make a firewire
sound card supported on Linux, or do they? Other manufactures?

Thanks

Vladi

Old 11-22-2007, 07:19 AM
"Vedran Vucic"

Hello,

Delta 1010 should be fine.* There should be Hammerfall cards supported as well as Digigram.

Best wishes,

vedran

Old 11-22-2007, 12:32 PM
greg emond

If you have a desktop, go PCI.* It is still the most stable, has the lowest latency, and is cheaper too!** Pick anything from the delta line, its built like a tank.** Mine survived 2 cpus and I still get better sound than the fancy firewire toys

*

*

*

Hello everybody,

I need an advice. I'm looking for a sound card to use with

Ubuntu studio to record my live concert. I would like to record 8 track
from subgroups plus if possible two more tracks separately taking them
from a splitter or direct out from a mixer channel. I've been browsing
through a web but I can't figure out which one to by. I was thinking
about M-audio1814 but it seems that it's not supported. Focusrite
sapphire 26? Did any of you try this one? RME doesn't make a firewire
sound card supported on Linux, or do they? Other manufactures?

Thanks

Vladi

Envoie un sourire, fais rire, amuse-toi! Employez-le maintenant!