Old 01-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Pietro Bergamo

Default Does anyone know SPEAR?

Hi, everyone.
A (mac user) friend recommended me this software called Spear (Sinusoidal Partial Editing Analysis and Resynthesis), which is now distributed for free at this site:

http://www.klingbeil.com/spear

It runs on Mac OS and Windows and seems to be similar to Audio Sculpt (also mac). I'm testing it under Wine and it looks very interesting. There is a paper published also at the site which says the program is portable to GTK LInux. Wouldn't anyone be interested in having a look and checking to see if it couldn't be packaged? I'd love to do it, but I have no programming skills for it.
By the way, does anyone know or recommend a partial
editing software in the Ubuntu* repositories? I tried Ceres 3 when I used Demudi, but I could never make it work.

Best wishes and happy new year for you all,
Pietro