Old 11-10-2009, 09:58 AM
john

Default Karmic installed, mouse problems

Thanks for the tips! I managed to install Karmic by de-selecting all UBS
packages, including audio.

I'm shocked that I still have problems with this new version too!
Without anything enabled (nvidia proprietary drivers, any software
installed) I get a sluggish mouse! (its a logitech laser, wireless)

I checked to see if the whole system was sluggish but processes are not
eating up CPU and keyboard is responsive.
Anyone know why the mouse is acting weird? I've had it before in UBS but
never on the generic kernel. I've googled the problem but no real
solutions found.

Many thanks!

John

Old 11-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Daniel

Hi John,

Thanks for the tips! I managed to install Karmic by de-selecting all UBS
packages, including audio.

I'm shocked that I still have problems with this new version too!
Without anything enabled (nvidia proprietary drivers, any software
installed) I get a sluggish mouse! (its a logitech laser, wireless)

I checked to see if the whole system was sluggish but processes are not
eating up CPU and keyboard is responsive.
Anyone know why the mouse is acting weird? I've had it before in UBS but
never on the generic kernel. I've googled the problem but no real
solutions found.

I was having a similar problem recently on a desktop install. My
problem was resolved by moving a wireless router that was near the
computer to the other side of the room. I have been using a Logitech VX
Nano wireless mouse, which operates at the 2.4ghz freq; along with
bluetooth and wifi. By moving the mouse receiver to the front of the
case instead of the rear and moving the wireless router across the
room, the problem dissipated.

If that doesnt help, perhaps there are some log entries that are coming
up? It may also be productive to go through Xorg.0.log to look for
errors or duplicate entries perhaps. I'll assume you've gone through
the basics of trying a different mouse - and wired compared to
wireless.

Daniel

Many thanks!

John